LegacyGT.com

2014 Legacy LED flash relay compatability

Hi guys,

Please forgive my ignorance as I know nothing about Subaru's. I'm planning a projector retrofit project for my friend's 2014 Legacy and plan to clear her headlights and install LEDs. I did the same on my Scion and replaced the flash relay to eliminate hyperflash and plan to do the same with hers.

I came across a LED relay/Tapturn replacement walkthrough on here, which included these pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/oRidl

I know it's a silly question, but these instructions would be applicable to her 2014 model, correct?

I was looking to purchase this relay, however, it states that it's intended for years 03-09. If this isn't it, can someone point me in the direction to the correct one?

https://www.amazon.com/2003-2009-Subaru-Legacy-Signal-Flasher/dp/B00KQV14DA

Also, if anyone could suggest a good brand of LEDs that won't break the bank to replace her turn signals (switchback preferably) and high beams, I would appreciate it!

I made that walkthrough. That is the exact same LED flasher module I used, so you should be fine. It's a generic piece that isn't year specific and fits many Toyota and Subarus. The numbers stamped on it match the numbers I listed in my post in the DIY thread, so it should be just fine.

As for brands, my personal preference is VLEDs, but they are definitely on the higher end of the price spectrum. Their quality speaks volumes though, you definitely get what you pay for with them.

vleds are in my opinion the best brand of leds out there...the brightness kills every other led ive ever tried. dont buy switchbacks for the signals. our signals arent on when the lights are on so there is no need for a switchback as the bulb only has one function - an amber signal...does that make sense?

Tapturn is great, forum designed and the original LED flasher for all of our cars (works on 2004/5 to 2018 Subarus). Please say hi to Scott when you order, he hasnt been too happy with the flood of knock-offs sold by subispeed and a few other businesses so it might brighten his day.

Re switchbacks, just as testa422 said. Unless you gp through the pain of changing out the sockets to dual circuit duty and wire them up to say your DRLs or low beams... we've had a few people do that years ago. IMHO, too much light flooding the housing and use of the switchback LEDs though if done that way.

I prefer stock DRL disable, high-beam LEDs, low-beam LEDs, position LEDs, turn signal LEDs, fog LEDs, DRL relocate to fog covers. This way when the headlights are on, by default the only things lit are the low-beams and the position lights.

Archived