LegacyGT.com

Clutch - Exedy or ...

Hello!

So it looks like TH Motorsports is having a sale on clutches.

I'm thinking of staying with the nearly OEM Exedy stage 1 clutch, the 15803. Should I consider going with the 15803HD just to play it safe? I'm not looking for a big power increase, just a hopefully more reliable driver.

Or is there a reason why I should avoid the Exedy and pick something else for a daily, once it's running again in a few months?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

I don't like putting a stock style back in a car. I would at least go with a HD.

Also call the clutch company and make sure you get the correct disc and PP for your 08 Spec B. They are not that simple to get a correct kit for.

Do your homework and make sure you get what you want. These are not the same as an STI kit.

I googled that clutch and you need a FW to use it.

Another good place to ask would be http://www.AZPinstalls.com as they have a real brick and mortar shop and would know what works. Buy from them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I went with the Exedy oem replacement for my spec B swap, I love it. Clutch pedal is light as a feather, very easy to drive. I reused the spec B flywheel. This clutch will still hold 300+ hp, what kind of power are you putting down?

It's just stage 2, and I'm happy with where it's at, so I'm not looking to go crazy. About the only thing I'm thinking about right now is a EL exhaust when it gets rebuilt.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

I put two Exedy OEM replacements in my boys NA Outbacks, love the clutch in tehir cars. For my Stage2 LGT I had ClutchMaster FX250 installed, besides some chatter it works fine for last 80K or so.... I used WRX SM FW when CM FX50 was put in.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived