LegacyGT.com

Quick brake question for 01

Hey guys,

Picked up an 01 for a DD the other week.

Needs brakes bad. I was thinking of doing a minor upgrade while I'm doing it.

I need to know if a few things will work .

Was thinking of using the 11.5" front disk and caliper from a 05 2.5i limited and rear vented 11.3" from a 05 GT.

This SHOULD.. HOPEFULLY.. fit under my snowflakes since the 2,5i limited had the same 16" wheels as the other cars . But does anyone know for sure.

And, if I get the 11.5s would I need the caliper brackets or anything to make them work?. I can hit a junkyard Thursday.

Also, Does anyone know If I'll need to use the 05 turbo GT caliper for the vented rear rotor? Or will my normal 01 LGT caliper work?

Car is gonna be a DD build with light auto-x and some spirited backroad driving.

Looking to buy some stoptech pads, Stainless lines (suggestions welcome), and do rotors at the very least, even if they're just stock. Toss in some high end brake fluid to finish her off.

Any insight is appreciated.

Mine is a 10.7" on the front. GT didn't get 11.4 on the front til 03. Which I didn't know til I looked just now. Shame mine didn't have those -_-.

My goal is

11.5" on the front and 11.3" vented on the rear. 11.4 would be cool too though...

Stainless lines

ATE super blue(RIP) Type 200

11.5" is from an 05 limited and up n/a cars.

11.3" vented rears would hopefully fit under 16s. Unless it's a width issue...

The point is to do as much as possible without having to get wheels. I already have snow tires that will fit the snowflakes. That will free up some funds to freshen the car up and make it look a little better.

Maybe I'll just get the 10.4" setup so I KNOW it'll fit under 16s.

They're all the same price...

MEH.

You are correct on the front.( I had an error in old spreadsheet I made for this).

The 01 Outback has the 11.3 and the OB and GT usually share the same brakes but in 01 and 02 they did not

To get the 11.3 or 11.4 on the front you need the caliper and bracket. This will fit under 16's.

The vented rears will not.

O.

So the vented rears won't fit under snowflakes with the proper caliper and bracket?

Why not?

is the caliper bigger or something? From what I can tell they use the same brake pad.

I'll probably just grab the 11.4 setup, not a huge difference between that and the 11.5.

Will I need dust shields too. I can stick those on later I guess, IDK if napa has those.

That's my next stop after lunch.

Vented 11.5" rears will fit 16"s. I've had it on both my 03 L and 05 OBXT.

Just to clarify confusion, 05+ GT's received a 12.3" front rotor - these are the 17"+ wheels. 05+ non GT's (2.5i, OB, OBXT, etc), received 11.5" front rotors - these WILL clear 16's.

You don't need vented rear brakes. You already have the "H6" rear brakes that are the same diameter but solid.

Just ordered the 04 setup for the front. Calipers came with brackets so that's cool.

I know the 05 gt had the bigger brakes and need 17s, Which is why I'm trying to stick with 11.5 for the front.

As far as the rears go. If I need to do them, may as well make them a little better.

My calipers are rusty and gross, One or more of the 4 are sticking just a little, rotors are pitted and my NAPA guy cuts me a pretty solid deal.

I have to go back with part numbers for the bracket bolts and slider bolts.

I assume the lines and bolts are all the same for the brakes as long as they fit the body.

the stock brakes on this model of car are MORE than adequate. Save your self money and just buy a decent set of rotors and pads.

I went to auto zone and got front rotors and c-max pads at 60K and now even after double the mileage, they are still barely worn...

the stock brakes on this model of car are MORE than adequate. Save your self money and just buy a decent set of rotors and pads.

I went to auto zone and got front rotors and c-max pads at 60K and now even after double the mileage, they are still barely worn...

i did the same thing when i was in a pinch and needed new front pads.

the rear needs new rotors/pads so im planing on just doing the stoptech axle kits with street pads and rotors. front and back, its a good deal for rotors, performance pads and ss lines.

What I'm getting are stock..... for 03/04 lol.

I'm not spending extra money either. I had to get new calipers too, so why not size up a bit in the process.. The stoptech pads aren't that expensive when compared to the stuff autozone/napa sells.

If my calipers didn't need to go, my rotors wouldn't have warped and I wouldn't need brakes in the first place so I'd be spending my money elsewhere.. lol

I just needed to know if everything was gonna fit without a fit under these snowflakes.

Archived