LegacyGT.com

Drivers side marker light & DRL not working

Parked my car at the gas station running and when i came back out i noticed the side marker light and the daytime run light were both out on the drivers side. Both lights are illuminating from the passengers side though. I was hoping their was a fuse for the left DRLs but i could only find the fuses for the high and low beams which are operating fine. Would like to fix this myself, any ideas?

There's another little bulb in there (position light) next to the high beam, guessing that's what OP's talking about. It looks like the left and right side clearance lights pull power from the same fuse, so if one side is out and the other isn't, It could just be dead bulbs. I'd try swapping position light bulbs side-to-side to see if it's just a dead bulb, since those are easy to get at. If the one bulb is dead, replace it (may as well do both at the same time) and the clearance light bulb and be on your merry way (hopefully). If not, I'd start looking at the connectors on the headlight and make sure everything is seated correctly.

Both the city light (the small one in the corner of the high beam), and the side marker bulb are 168/194 size bulbs. You could easily swap both of these with LED bulbs of that size and be set. The city light is extremely easy to access with the hood open, the side markers, going in through the wheel liner is the easiest way.

Position light is VERY simple but the side marker is buried. This is a common bulb in our cars and goes by many designations usually W5W in our manual. http://www.autolumination.com/automotive_car_truck_motorcycle_led_light_bulbs/194_parking_running_interior_cab_license_plate_clearance_side_marker_sidemarker_courtesy/194_t10_2825_w5w_168_161_158/194_t10_2825_w5w_canbus_led_bulbs.htm

Our drivers side marker and passenger position lights went out on Monday :eek:

It's not your DRL/Headlight bulb because your DRL doesn't illuminate until you put it into drive.

Archived