LegacyGT.com

Vents not functioning properly

Thank you for this info/walkthrough - good to know it is possible! I've had a new driver temp actuator sitting for over a year in the garage. Might try to tackle it this weekend. The clicking is getting so damn annoying

The last straw for me was the driver's side vents shooting max heat at me when it was 100 degrees outside!

I put a little video on the Legacy GT Owners Club FB Group. It's not a walkthru, but shows the area you have to work in.

https://www.facebook.com/1544025094/videos/1175316156319300/

-Paul

Thank you for this info/walkthrough - good to know it is possible! I've had a new driver temp actuator sitting for over a year in the garage. Might try to tackle it this weekend. The clicking is getting so damn annoying

going to be dealing with this soon. I had the same situation where my drivers side was blowing 180 degree air. not fun in the florida summer. taped them off for a few days and I guess hitting the right pot holes knocked the actuator arm back into a working position for now.

I had trouble with actuator vent on my new 2007, 1 month after buying it...

No air upside, only on feets.

Looking behind the passenger gloves box (not so hard to dismantle) I saw an actuator that work poorly.

Using Partsouq site with my VIN I easaly found the corect part number, ordered it and replaced it: all fine now.

I opened the old one, the metal contacts were worn.

captur10.png

72131a10.jpg

Edited by CEVENN

I opened the old one, the metal contacts were worn

Yep this appears to be the cause - saw the same issue opening up mine. The metal arms cut grooves into the conductive coating over time. This likely means that 6-8 years from now the issue will come up again and I'm guessing it'll be very hard to find new replacements in 2030. I've read there may be a way to replace the conductive "lanes" with something else to repair the bad actuators. I'm keeping the old ones around to tinker with at some point