LegacyGT.com

Pricing on 2015 2.5i Premium

Hey guys, I am not sure where to ask this so I will ask this here. I have a 2015 Legacy 2.5i Premium. It has 55k miles on it, no damages, nothing wrong with it, no repairs of any kind. It is in great condition. I am wanting to sell/trade her in and unfortunately to leave the Legacy club. I am planning on getting a manual 2018 Crosstrek. Now I know that trading a car in at a dealership is just asking to be ripped off, so I am trying to private sell it first.

My question is, what is a starting price I should be asking for? I honestly have no clue. I bought her at I think...$21,500? I will have to double check, but I also have the Subaru gold warranty. Does anyone know if this warranty can be transferred to the next owner, and does that increase the sell price, or can I transfer that to my new Crosstrek? Anyways I hope I am not asking too much. I just really want to be able to not get ripped off when trading or selling my girl. I love the Legacy but it is time for me to get something else. I'll just have to take off some plasti dip and detail the car and I'll take her to get her oil and all levels topped off and she'll be all ready. It's always sad to see your car who you've been through so much go :(.

Good job on getting a proper trans on the Crosstrek.

No clue on what t you should ask for the Legacy. It might be worth it to eat a couple grand for convenience's sake and let the dealer have it as a trade - especially if you know how to negotiate.

A 3 year old base model Legacy wont be the easiest thing to sell quickly on the prive used car market.

also check your state laws regarding trades/taxes, etc.

In NY State, they calculate the sales tax on the new car after deducting the trade, so if you sell privately you have to account for the additional tax you would pay vs trading it in to the dealer (i.e. you have to make at least 8% more selling privately to be even with the dealer offer)

Archived