LegacyGT.com

Snow tires

Just installed a steel wheel snow tire package and now there is a grinding noise during sharp turns. I assume it's brake disc grinding on something, is there really that much deflection in the brake rotor or is My wheel bearing a little sloppy? I'm going to put this thread in tire section too.

Both sides? Is the wheel offset right for your calipers? Any changes to your brakes recently?

Both sides in the rear seem to rub although right turn is louder than left turn. The package was vehicle specific from Tire rack so I assume the offset is good for stock brakes. I have not done any brake work, maybe My pads a super skinny and it's time to eyeball them.

typically even if the wheel bearings are bad its the rotor that rubs on the dust shield. I find it hard to believe that anything in the rear would rub. The front is far more likely to rub due to the larger rotors and caliper. ex: LGT calipers and rotors would not work with standard 16in steelies because of clearance issues upfront. Take a photo of whats rubbing in the rear, it should be pretty obvious.

Archived