LegacyGT.com

Low beams and Fog lights out.

The oem headlights burn through bulbs quickly, especially when the weather starts to get cold. I had the same thing happen to me, burned up both bulbs within 24 hours. Try replacing the headlights first.

The oem headlights burn through bulbs quickly, especially when the weather starts to get cold. I had the same thing happen to me, burned up both bulbs within 24 hours. Try replacing the headlights first.

I checked one of them and it looks fine. Can it look good , but still be burnt out?

I had a problem years ago with one or both headlights not coming on in cold weather, which was caused by a poor/loose connection at the bulb... I had to open the connector and crimp the metal arms down so that they held onto the bulb contacts tighter. I don't think that's your issue though if you are having problems with both your headlights and fog lights..

you could also try swapping low beam bulbs as well to see if its the bulb. Also do the high beams work on both sides?

But yea a voltmeter and checking that both connectors are outputting power would be a good start.

Yeah both high beams work.

So even though the bulbs looked fine they were the problem. Thank every one for their help.

Awesome! Glad we could help!

Im pretty you already know, but the oil from our fingers can drastically shorten the life of a halogen bulb. So definitely wear gloves when handling the bulbs and installing

Awesome! Glad we could help!

Im pretty you already know, but the oil from our fingers can drastically shorten the life of a halogen bulb. So definitely wear gloves when handling the bulbs and installing

One more thing: Don't leave the headlamp switch in the "on" position. Starting the car with the lights on means a surge that isn't doing those bulbs any good.

Archived