LegacyGT.com

Bought a R32

I've been wanting a true JDM car for a while now and after someone recently totalled my 93' Legacy I started looking. Met a guy at a local car meet a while back that has a family member in Japan. He found me something that was pretty much perfect.

A 1992 Skyline GTS4 (X) in white. Completely stock except for coilovers and has 79k miles. Was a one owner vehicle that came with all maintenance records from day one. The car is cleaner than any Subaru I have ever owned! Original paint with not one dent. The only thing I'm sure you guys won't appreciate is that it's an automatic. Reason I went with auto is because one I planned to daily it and the traffic I sit in around here is terrible. Two the car was to clean and perfect to pass up.

Just got it tagged and titled this past weekend. Only things I've done so far is an oil change, raised the height almost 3/4" and changed all the wiper blades. I have already driven it 300 miles and I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. He's some quick cell shots of his first day with tags. I never get tired of staring at the tail lights.

IMG_0653.thumb.JPG.a6a89cc95091ca1f208308483c5b9907.JPG

IMG_0654.thumb.JPG.66837c22cee37b959a44215395a712d6.JPG

IMG_0657.thumb.JPG.a100ab3c76ffe5f3027c3515176fb8a3.JPG

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

alex@jdmprestigemotors.com

• 1 month later...
Nice! Do you have plans to mod it more? Did you import it yourself or did the other person import it? Just curious on the level of difficulty doing something like this..

Thanks, I do actually have some plans for it. For now I'm getting a feel for the car and trying to find a local shop I can trust to help with work that I can't do. Also doing some maintenance and making sure no other maintenance is needed before I start Putting money in it.

But I plan to do an exhaust first. Then a set of 17x9 wheels probably with 235/40/17's(still researching best fitment). Then maybe next summer I'll do intake, downpipe, fmic, fp, boost controller and pro tune.(Again still doing some research as I am new to NISSAN's)

As for importing I had my friend do it as he has done it several times before. Depending on who you use or how you go about purchasing the vehicle it can be simple enough to make it worth the experience and savings doing so. But obviously the whole idea can be very scary as well.

Thanks for this info. I will definitely check this out. One of the first things I noticed was that the oem lights are terrible for lighting up the road. I know they point towards the opposite way but they really are useless.

Man, that is really one clean car congrats on the find/purchase.

Audi love for life

Appreciate it. I wasn't thrilled that it was automatic. But the fact that this was a one owner car and so clean I just couldn't pass it up. Especially kind of cool that it was a built to spec car. From what I was told a R32 gts4 (awd version) in automatic and no spoiler option is very rare to find.

Badass, always wanted a 33 but the 32s are great too.

Thank you! 33's are right around the corner from being 25 yrs old!

Looks good. Looks tiny next to a gc, both are so small compared to so many new cars now.

I wish I didn't delete the other pic I had from a front angle parked in between my 93 impreza and 05 lgt. It was so much lower and smaller compared to both of them.

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

The factory fog lights are a good find, uncommon these days.

The factory halogen projectors are atrocious, throwing a HID kit in does not improve things (unless you like two thin pillars of light and glare).

Morimoto FX-R vs. standard halogen projector

adztRZE.jpg

Road shot (a little streaky because of the standard glass, I have plastic clear replacements, you can also sand the streaks if you're game).

lDvFtYA.jpg

The difference is gigantic.

SAU forum has lots and lots of information (searching may take a bit of effort). I suggest starting with the suspension bushings (unless they've been changed recently).

R32 GT-R Vspec/Vspec2 and R33 GT-R sized wheels fits nicely (17x9+30).

http://i40.tinypic.com/59y6bd.jpg

Nice pickup! An R32 GTR is high on my car bucket list.

Yea, I’m hoping by time the R34 comes stateside I’ll be able to purchase a GTR version.

If I ever pick one up it'll be a GTS-T type m.

Those are what I was looking at at first but once I found out there was a GTS-T type-m version that had AWD I was all for it. I plan to daily this so it’ll be helpful and apparently I can easily make it RWD if wanted at any point. However I had no idea at first that the type-m was like 300 lbs lighter than mine. :spin:

Alex D.

JDM Prestige Motors

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived