LegacyGT.com

keyfob

I wonder if I'm the only one that has had this issue but does it seem over time it takes more force to press to unlock or lock the car? What can I do so I don't have to use so much force? It's like just pressing it does not seem to be as good as before but you kind of have to press around on the button.

Sounds like your battery might have died, have you tried replacing it recently?

Also, my lock stopped working and when I took it apart I found that the SMB had broken the solder joints and come off the board. I just got a used one off eBay for $10 and it works fine now. What I really want to do is get one of the newer styles and get the flip key case for it.

Also, my lock stopped working and when I took it apart I found that the SMB had broken the solder joints and come off the board. I just got a used one off eBay for $10 and it works fine now. What I really want to do is get one of the newer styles and get the flip key case for it.

the battery I changed about a month ago

How old was the battery you installed ?

If you have another Subaru close to your's I have found you can get interference sometimes.

My Spec seems more prone to that then my wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Got flip keys, permanently disabled the chimes and entering the setup menu has been unsuccessful. I have an aftermarket alarm so it really wasn't a priority to get them working. The all in 1 keys are plentiful but the flip cases are hit or miss lately. I went back to my seller and they don't even show the product anymore. End of the day, the all in 1 is good enough but flip keys are the cool thing to do. The flip key is larger than the GM ones found on the 2011-15ish lineup.

It sounds like battery to me. That battery could of been new in that package for a long time. Take it out and check the voltage or try another new one.

Like I said before the battery is brand new the voltage is 3.7

Archived