LegacyGT.com

Question On The Apr Game

twisted

Ok here's my question and forgive my lack of knowledge

When they say 1.9% APR for 24 months

What do they mean?

a. We will give u 1.9% for 2 years and after that ur rate goes to whatever ur credit-worthiness is

or

b. 1.9% for 2 years makes ur payment as $1200 per month so at the end of 2 yrs u've paid ur $26000 car off (just an example)

I'm guessing its the latter but just wanted to confirm.

i figured as much ...its designed for the affluent amongst us that trade in a car that they own without any lien worth like 7-8 K or they put down some insane amount as down payment

but thought i should confirm.....i was hesitant to put that question up...thinking it'll make me look stupid (i am i am i am) but its good to know others had that same doubt as me.

what sux more is that when i got my 05 LGT LTD earlier this year subaru had some real nice rates and being a tier 2 person i got 3.9% in March 05,

but now on 05's fr 63 months at tier 2 i will get 4.9%

and on 06 for 63 months it'll be 5.9%

....not good either way :(...so its looking like back to finding one of the last of 05's or waiting for 06 rates to get better.

I may just sell my 02 on my own and hope rates on 06 go down in a month or two....disappointed all around:icon_frow

cmon seth...tell them SOA to gimme 3.9 APR again....cuz 06 models are pricey to begin with LOL...u can change it from the inside :)...waiting for new numbers to come for November and if they do not go down on APR, i'll go and get a left-over 05 in Atlantic Blue (not my favorite color)...

I rate the colors as

Silver (already got one)

Red (cant find on here in 05's...in 5MT)

White (cant find on here in 05's...in 5MT)

Black (cant find on here in 05's...in 5MT)

Atlantic Blue (so many left in this color)

Regal Blue....oh gawd kill me...this color is nasty IMO

or waiting for 06 rates to get better.

I am a mortgage broker and we've been getting slammed with people trying to refi before rates get much higher. I can say with quite a bit of confidence, rates will not be getting better anytime soon

cmon seth...tell them SOA to gimme 3.9 APR again....cuz 06 models are pricey to begin with LOL...u can change it from the inside :)...waiting for new numbers to come for November and if they do not go down on APR, i'll go and get a left-over 05 in Atlantic Blue (not my favorite color)...

I rate the colors as

Silver (already got one)

Red (cant find on here in 05's...in 5MT)

White (cant find on here in 05's...in 5MT)

Black (cant find on here in 05's...in 5MT)

Atlantic Blue (so many left in this color)

Regal Blue....oh gawd kill me...this color is nasty IMO

dude... all of the subarus around here are either atlantic blue (including mine) or silver...

I am a mortgage broker and we've been getting slammed with people trying to refi before rates get much higher. I can say with quite a bit of confidence, rates will not be getting better anytime soon

....2 different industries....with low sales volume anticipated over the next few months...it would seem logical that rates would be dropped

....2 different industries....with low sales volume anticipated over the next few months...it would seem logical that rates would be dropped

no...banks have to buy their money just the same. the prime rate goes up...everything else goes up to. Any company that doesn't keep up with the market rates will be losing major money. I only see a manufacturer going down again if they are extremely desperate to move product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived