LegacyGT.com

Power Windows After Engine Off

In my '14 BRZ I have push-button start and when I stop the engine the windows work for a few more seconds. It's a nice way to stop the engine and still be able to roll up the windows. My '99 Grand Cherokee did the same thing. I kind of assumed the '15 Legacy would have adopted the same function - especially the Limited w/ push-button start. I'm starting to feel like a crazy person because everytime I go to roll up the windows I shut off the car before they're up and I have to turn the power back on. I looked through the manual and didn't see any mention of it. Does anyone know if there's a dealer setting or is this just not a thing on this car?

I feel your pain. Power windows in a 2015 Legacy only work when the ignition switch is in the RUN position.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Apparently this is something they added for MY18. I've also found posts for other model years and Subarus to add this feature. I wonder if it's as simple as buying a part from an 18 to fit my 15. Totally worth a few bucks to do something plug and play. Otherwise I might be ordering some electronics and fabbing in a relay. =D More research needed...

You've gotten used to it in your BRZ so you miss it in the Legacy but is it really such a big thing? I just came from a '05 LGT LTD and it only had one-touch down on the driver's side. No auto up and no auto anything on the passenger side. Never knew I might need to be able to work the windows after the engine was shut off so I don't miss it in my '17. I'm really liking the auto up and down on both front windows, though.

No not a big thing at all. It's just a little nice to have thing. Def not worth the cost of going to an '18 Legacy. But I'm a tinkering kind of a guy and now I'm thinking making it a little project. It might be fun and if it works I'll have something cool. :)

Feel your pain with this. My Dad's 99 Jeep and my 2002 Ford Escape do this....unfortunately, much like allowing configuration auto lock/unlock features it seems that this is one of those things that Subaru has no interest in offering on their vehicles. Just have to learn to remember to shut everything before turning the car off I suppose.

Archived