LegacyGT.com

Ok, I just have to ask...

Mainstreaming hasn't even worked for them in terms of Legacy sales. They're selling lots more Outbacks, Foresters and Crosstreks, but not significantly more Legacies.

Year	Subaru Legacy U.S. Sales

2002  85,359

2003  79,839

2004  89,453

2005  87,788

2006  84,442

2007  78,428

2008  66,876

2009  30,974

2010  38,725

2011  42,401

2012  47,127

2013  42,291

2014  52,270

2015  60,447

2016  65,306

The 2002-2008 figure you have quoted include the Outback and Legacy Sales. The 2005-2009 4th Gen Legacy sales figure topped out in 2005 at just over 30k and drop to low 20k's. The 5th Gen averaged 50% more sales than the 4th Gen.

The definition of bloated is swollen; puffed up; overlarge.excessively fat; obese. Have you looked the curb weight of the vehicles? A 2010 5th Gen is practically the same weight as a 2009 with some model weight weight more and some models weight less depending on content. yes is a larger car dimensional car with drastically more interior room. some including myself prefer that.

This above is common knowledge and apparently continues to be regurgitated by 4th Gen members to take their digs at the 5th Gen. I thought we were past this. A 4th Gen member might as well make an insult on the styling of the 5th Gen to complete the trifecta.

The above is a good example of why the 5th Gen's are the black sheep of this forum.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meriam-Webster

Definition of bloated

:overfilled and extended with liquid, gas, food, etc. felt bloated from eating too much a bloated body —often used figuratively to describe something as having grown excessively large a bloated budget; a bloated bureaucracy

The question was asked. I'm just giving my opinion on why I am not a 5th gen fan, not trying to personally insult you or anyone else. Glad it's working out for you.

Honestly, I would describe the 6th gens as bloated.

And, I agree, they are going where the buck is it seems. The Forester and Crosstrek I would never own. Even the plain-vanilla Impreza was a waste of engineering since I would never spend my money on it.

I view the WRX/STI as a "kid racer" car. Decent and all, handles well and if you want a rally car, so be it. But they could only get away from me in the corners, but once I had a straight-away I reeled them in VERY quickly, passed them and then they only ever worried about trying to get around me if they ever caught up. And yes, this is the the Trans-Am I am talking about. Power-drifting is very real for big-hp cars, and once you have the hang of it, you can hang with most of the upper-end of the smaller more nimble crowd with ease.

Was funny seeing some rally competition guys try to get a hang of the power and bulk of the T/A when I gave them the chance... One guy even started getting it, then almost put it into a wall. No damage done and he apologized when we switched places and I drove my car again, to which he was quick to give credit for my driving ability, since I did exactly what he was attempting to do, but at an even higher speed. When I drove his car he thought I wasn't going to drive it hard enough, but I was just getting a feel for it. When I did open it up he was even more shocked that I knew how to drive a AWD rally car as well as I did. Enough to get invited to try out for their team. I declined, for the same reason I don't drag race anymore.

So back to the original question in this thread... I have a 5th gen and there is no mount n my front bumper for a license plate. The state of Utah does not require me to have a front license plate, however I have some really sweet custom plates and it would be a shame for me not to rock them. I had the license plate relocation kit for my 4th gen leggy wagon (which I should have kept when I sold it). Anyway I am in the market for another one for the above mentioned reasons. I really want to rock my custom plate on the front of my 5th gen, but I am having some heartburn over spending 80 bucks to do so. If anyone has a relocation kit that they are not using, or know of any deals on purchasing one will you please hook a brother up?

Sincerely,

The chocolate milk dude

19225655_10213578873684806_5971022748023410206_n.jpg?oh=c545dae56c0447310527efb2fe3c1c1a&oe=5A6A4719

So back to the original question in this thread... I have a 5th gen and there is no mount n my front bumper for a license plate. The state of Utah does not require me to have a front license plate, however I have some really sweet custom plates and it would be a shame for me not to rock them. I had the license plate relocation kit for my 4th gen leggy wagon (which I should have kept when I sold it). Anyway I am in the market for another one for the above mentioned reasons. I really want to rock my custom plate on the front of my 5th gen, but I am having some heartburn over spending 80 bucks to do so. If anyone has a relocation kit that they are not using, or know of any deals on purchasing one will you please hook a brother up?

Sincerely,

The chocolate milk dude

19225655_10213578873684806_5971022748023410206_n.jpg?oh=c545dae56c0447310527efb2fe3c1c1a&oe=5A6A4719

Find a used tow bolt and make your own,

Archived