LegacyGT.com

Brake kit option, confusion

The Bobcats are not nearly as bad as the XP8 or XP10 that I run on the GT. They do dust more than stock. There's something about Carbotech's brake compounds that makes them so that the dust does not stick as hard as other performance pads. It washes off rather easily with soap and water. I have heard that the dust is far less corrosive too than other brands when it gets wet, which may be why it washes off easier.

The Carbotech Bobcats sound good. I am on stock 18's and calipers, what couple of rotor options would pair nicely with these?

Thanks.

The Carbotech Bobcats sound good. I am on stock 18's and calipers, what couple of rotor options would pair nicely with these?

Thanks.

Either any of the various DBA rotor..T2, T3 etc....or the KNS 4k which is a DBA made rotor.

• 11 months later...

I have a 2011 and 2012 2.5i premium. I replaced front and rear pads and rotors on the 2012 with ACDelco rotors and Akebono ACT pads. I'm wanting to put a hitch on the 2012 and occasionally tow a 4x6 trailer around town. I need to do the rears on the 2011.

Looking at the part specs the 2011 and 2012 2.5i use the same rear calipers, solid rotors, and D1114 size pads. The 3.6 uses a vented rotor with the same diameter and parking brake size but is 18mm thick vs 9-10mm for the solid. The 3.6 also uses a D1124 size pad which is the exact same width, 2mm taller, and 2mm thicker vs the D1114 size pad. I can't find specs on the caliper difference between the two models. They look very similar assuming the images are accurate.

It looks like in total the 2.5i calipers needs to have 12mm of clearance beyond the stock solid rotor and pad set up to accept the vented rotor and D1124 pads. When I did the rears on the 2012 three months ago I didn't think to measure the gap the caliper allowed with the solid rotor and D1114 pad size combo. I remember the caliper traveled beyond the stock parts.

If I have to swap the calipers from the 2.5i to the 3.6, I can accept that. If the vented rotor will fit but with the D1114 size pad, I can accept that. it would be great if the vented rotor and D1124 pads fit the 2.5i caliper because then I can use the Brembo P78018N pads from the 2011 3.6 rear and also do the Brembo P78013N pads for the 2011 2.5i front. The dealership did the front rotors and pads for the 2011 a year ago. The braking performance is great but they turn the silver rims brown/black in a couple weeks commuting in the SF bay area. The dealership also cost about $700. I did all rotors, pads, hardware, and fluid on the 2012 for less than $300.

Plus, anyone have a pic of a brake booster brace?

Archived