LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

I always think that about you when you post old races. Where does he get time to watch old races?

Bored? Who has time to be bored? When i have time, I watch Roadkill, Roadkill garage, Hot Rod Garage, Engine Masters, Hoonigans, and Mighty Car Mods.

But a few of my basketball fanatic buddies will watch old Lakers games. Like the 80s larry bird magic johnson games, and comment how "guys don't play like that anymore." "The games changed, yo, no more [insert basketball skill] players like that. "

Sounds like old guys talking about old racers. :lol:

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do I get the time? Divorced two years ago. So single in my 50s, and I prefer old races to sit coms or movies, I guess. I watch some with kart racing buddies. And divorce means you lose social friends that take side in the divorce. So less social contact. Maybe I'm a racing hermit.

I've always enjoyed history and learning.. I love historic racing. Wish I had the change to get into it. I'm thinking of getting back into kart racing since I don't need a physical to do it like SCCA. So single guy, ample time even working 50 hr weeks. And I don't sleep more than 4-6 hours/night!

And wtf is Roadkill? :lol:

Roadkill is a show with the editor-in-chief of Hot Rod and another Hot Rod editor that tap their hugely deep knowledge of old cars to do dumb, yet amazing, stuff, like walk into a junk yard, pick some dilapidated piece of junk, get it running, and drive it out of there. Then they'll road trip in one of those pieces of junk and it will break down dozens of times. And why does it break dozens of times? Because [the car is] Roadkill.

This one, they do an engine swap in the parking lot of Summit Racing. And it snows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIHhI7aROL4

They also did the amazing stunt of towing a jet boat, with a trailer hitch they welded up that morning, to the lake, pulled the motor out of the truck, swapped it into the boat, changed the intake manifold to a huge tunnel ram, powered around the lake in the boat, and then swapped the motor BACK into the truck to tow it home. Oh, and it rained.

They moved the show behind the Motor Trend Online pay wall, but there's still 70+ shows available on youtube.

Where do I get the time? Divorced two years ago. So single in my 50s, and I prefer old races to sit coms or movies, I guess. I watch some with kart racing buddies. And divorce means you lose social friends that take side in the divorce. So less social contact. Maybe I'm a racing hermit.

I've always enjoyed history and learning.. I love historic racing. Wish I had the change to get into it. I'm thinking of getting back into kart racing since I don't need a physical to do it like SCCA. So single guy, ample time even working 50 hr weeks. And I don't sleep more than 4-6 hours/night!

And wtf is Roadkill? :lol:

Sorry to hear, KRB. Didn't know you recently got divorced. How is that new life treating you?

But glad to hear you are back at work - it clearly ain't resulted in you posting on here any less. ;)

At the moment live (not F1 though):

With Jenson Button in the race.

Edit: First title win since 2009 for Jenson. This time in a Honda NSX GT500, god for him.

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Fun4/Jenson1.jpg

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Fun4/Jenson2.jpg

Edited by ehsnils
453747.png

Sorry to hear, KRB. Didn't know you recently got divorced. How is that new life treating you?

But glad to hear you are back at work - it clearly ain't resulted in you posting on here any less. ;)

I'm a government employee. So sue me. Oh wait, you can't! :lol:

But, yeah, divorce sucks. I miss my daughter. I miss her bitching at me that I'm such an old man.

Ah jeeze, wtf...

If Verstappen was passing himself, I think Verstappen would have given himself more room. I blame him for not being more protective...

Agree. WTF was the point? Jos, er, Max threw the victory away by closing the door on Ocon. I'm a Senna fan but this was very Sennaesque move. Senna was more fun to watch then Prost tha Post becz he more of a warrior on the track, but guess who won more championships? Ricciardo is to Prost what Verstappen is to Senna.

Anyone else remember the Senna-Irvine "event" after Eddie unlapped himself?

Edited by KartRacerBoy
than then sphincter boy

At the moment live (not F1 though):

With Jenson Button in the race.

Edit: First title win since 2009 for Jenson. This time in a Honda NSX GT500, god for him.

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Fun4/Jenson1.jpg

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Fun4/Jenson2.jpg

I'm awake at 5 am-ish (I'd post amish, but I' not Amish), but Jenson was the agreed name of my child if we had a boy. But I'm glad we didn't use it for my daughter, Amelia.

But I remember when Jenson had his first drive with Williams, and, a little like Hamilton was considered a rich wannabe F1 driver brat. He in his young 20s with a yacht living in Monaco with too much money, and he grew up to be a good man enjoying life. And won a WDC along the way. So kudos to him for having fun.

Like bell bottoms vintage karts are back.

krb is that you on kart 42?

VINTAGE KARTING IS BRINGING RACERS BACK ON TRACK

These classic karts are making laps again in New York state

https://autoweek.com/article/car-life/vintage-karting-bringing-people-back-track?utm_source=DailyDrive20181116&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=headline-center&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

I put this here because a lot of F1 drivers start with karts.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

You know, I've never met a well adjusted mother*cker. They usually have issues.

But Kubica is good news to me. They are struggling, and money is a real issue for them but an experienced development driver might be the additional bow in their quiver they need to move back up.

I miss Frank and Patrick.

Wow, you are an optimist, nils. :lol:

My solution to the F1 show is to go back to fat drivers and skinny tires. I saw a vintage race composed of almost entirely Mini Coopers and the drivers just drifter the cars. It was art like.

My wife was so enchanted by the Mini race as to tell me to buy a Renault 5 Turbo II that I lusted after for sale in paddock. I didn't and forever regret it.

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/renault/5/1985/512624

Wow, you are an optimist, nils. :lol:

My solution to the F1 show is to go back to fat drivers and skinny tires. I saw a vintage race composed of almost entirely Mini Coopers and the drivers just drifter the cars. It was art like.

Can't blame me for having some hope of an interesting season next year.

453747.png

Anyone watch qualifying today? Amazing lap by Lewis in Q2 on ultrasofts vs anyone else on ultra or hypersofts. One second faster than anyone else, then, of course a nice pole lap on hypers.

Daniel out qualifies Max in his final RB drive; I hope for he beats Max tomorrow.

Go Haas!