LegacyGT.com

The Official F1 Thread - V2

SBT

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50/50 on Kimi following that order because he hasn't had a win in ~130 races but he also knows that could seriously jack up Seb's season. If I had to pick a side, I'd say he'd move over.

I was disappointed the first round of Q3 when Hammy took provisional pole but got overly excited according to my fiance when Seb bested that and then Kimi went even faster. I can't imagine how the Tifosi took that and how nuts they'd be tomorrow if they finish like that.

Good race, Yea, I agree, Bottas needed to stay out of sight.

Max is young, so I guess that's what your going to get. I'm sure that will change as he age's and becomes more of an adult. Give him another year or two.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Verstappen, you child: "I don't care if I'm losing time to Vettel. I'm not letting (Bottas) past." After Max was given a 5 second time penalty for hitting Bottas.

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Totally...what a damned idiot!

Well, my prediction came mostly true, only Hammy's car didn't get damaged at all and he didn't spin. Otherwise Kimi would have had it in the bag.

Senna's last racing kart is up for auction. I'd buy it but I have child support payments and no place to hand it on a wall, damn it. In my last house I mildly suggested to my then wife we should hang one of my old karts in the two story entryway wall instead of the dusty quilt that was hanging there.

She said no. Quite unreasonably, I think. I would've drained the two stroke motor of fluids so it didn't leak. I woulda!

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/news/auctions/ayrton-sennas-kart-auction

Totally...what a damned idiot!

Well, my prediction came mostly true, only Hammy's car didn't get damaged at all and he didn't spin. Otherwise Kimi would have had it in the bag.

I don't think Kimi had a chance given his left rear tire. Yikes!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pirelli-explains-perfect-storm-that-caused-raikkonen-blisters/3170980/

Leclerc seems to be in at Ferrari.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc8h-s4Wzdc]Leclerc set to replace Raikkonen at Ferrari for 2019 - YouTube[/ame]

It would be a surprise if it's Vettel that's going out and not Kimi. But crazier things have happened.

And looking at the stats for Kimi this year - retired 3 times, of which 2 weren't his fault and only 2 times outside the podium. He's having a pretty decent season.

Aside from that we would surely miss him when he leaves, he's a profile.

453747.png

After the season Kimi's had, I don't understand getting rid of him. He's about as productive as a #2 can be short of taking wins away from the #1. He should've had a win last season at Monaco and had Ferrari played their strategy better, should've had a win at Monza.

I get that he doesn't have any wins in the last 5 years but out of 14 races so far, for Kimi to have 9 podiums (3 retirements, 2 non podiums outside of that) is pretty good. Had he not had the retirements, it could be argued he'd have 10 or 11 podiums. That's more than Bottas and Mercedes isn't considering getting rid of him AND Kimi's ahead of him in points this season.

I get that Leclerc is good but I don't think he's Vettel-prodigy-at-STR good so ditching Kimi for 2019 seems like a risk. Vettel isn't going back to RBR, won't go to Merc with Hamilton, and none of the other teams have the pocket for him. It has to be Kimi.

Edited by baconbits

The real question is WHEN Leclerc will replace Kimi. This season or 2019? Will Leclerc pull a Stroll and jump ship mid-season? If he does, will Kimi just quit or rejoin Sauber until the end of the year and then retire?
Dafuq? You a mad man.

LeClerc will go to Ferrari as a reserve to learn from Kimi and Vettel and become acclimatized to Ferrari. Kimi will race for Ferrari in 2019. Giovanizza or whatever his name is will go to Sauber to race in 2019.

Dafuq!

I be strollin' through several F1 websites, and thinkin' it all true! American politics got nuttin' on F1 intrigue. Balestre or Mosley would eat a pussy like Trump up like a chicken wing with Melania hot sauce. And if it was Mosley, while wearing his Nazi daddy's domination outfit with some classy Nazi hookers.

Probably.

The only reasonable reason is if Kimi has declared to Ferrari that he's going to quit but haven't made it official.

Hard to tell about him - he's not really revealing much feelings.

54de5367bdca28f5f0ecac9c1b336679.jpg

Edited by ehsnils
453747.png

Me? I am merely awash with joy that Ferrari hasn't won a WDC since Kimi's in 2007. :lol:

The Scuderia hasn't been able to pull it off despite having Alonso and Vettel as drivers. They have a good chance this year, but I would dearly love to see them foiled again. :insertevillaughhere:

Not even cars, but a Moto2 rider grabs another rider's brake lever while passing him. Jesus. Ban the asshat from racing. Intentionally trying to make another racer crash. If you are that kind of bitch, I would say you're done.

https://www.motorsport.com/moto2/news/fenatis-misano-antics-worthy-of-lifetime-ban-crutchlow/3174042/?nrt=212

Video here:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/45467475