LegacyGT.com

06 Legacy Limited Trunk Torsion Bars TEST

Hello,

I have a Legacy and when I release the trunk, I hear only a click (latch did release) the trunk will not raise by itself from the seated position.

I have purchased New Subaru Trunk Torsion Bars for it and have put them in.

The truck still does NOT come out of the seated position, and the latch has released.

Before I started, I took pictures of the torsion bars in my trunk and in a 07 Legacy GT with the trunk to make sure mine were installed correctly.

This is the way they are supposed to be installed, and they only go in one way. See the image (attached Image).

On my car now the bend is in the same position.

My request from fellow Legacy member is to do a quick test and let me and other members find out the truth.

1. When you release your trunk from either the key fob or interior trunk release does in raise the trunk from the seated position?

2. Does raise it?

3. How much does it go up?

Thanks for participating in this test.

I am also going to contact Subaru to see what they say.

1138666190_TrunkTorsionBar.jpg.f5f0ac99edbd3c5a4d62c4ffc7809698.jpg

yup - mine has never fully flipped open either - it will of course unlatch when the lever in car is pulled or FOB button is pressed - but must be lifted to fully open manually

EDIT: My older 98 LGT also had the same type of operation - so not sure if all Subies are designed that way - but seems to be their design methodology

Archived