LegacyGT.com

installing eyesight

Hi everyone, I have 2015 legacy 2.5 limited without eyesight. and looking forward installing one :) the car is after colission all interrior is dissasembled, only harness, steering wheel and heater assy is left, took off the instrument panel as well. So I would like to know what do I need for installing eyesight, found cameras and cluster for 300$ what else? harness- or is it prewired by default? cause found alot "spare" connectors in factory wiring... what extra ecu's- or all ecu's are itegrated in cameras? steering wheel switches- that I know, is audio/media player involved? programing/adapting is not a problem...

Just from reading stuff on the forum here of folks that installed the dash cams on non-eyesight models said there were harnesses up by the top for eyesight which leads me to think the wiring is standard across all trims.

As for the ECUs I'd think there are one or more that control throttle, brake and other vehicle control systems. They are the more expensive pieces and they probably don't fit them onto non-eyesight models just to sit there and rot.

Its going to be a pretty involved and challenging install. Good luck with it. We'd love to hear how it all goes.

I can't imagine this is possible without getting a Subaru Dealer/service involved to integrate & calibrate the system. But I wish you the best of luck, I'm very interested to see how this works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... folks that installed the dash cams on non-eyesight models said there were harnesses up by the top for eyesight which leads me to think the wiring is standard across all trims.

In North America, EyeSight is not offered as an option in base trim, so I doubt that the necessary harnesses would be present in that case. Premium, Limited, and Touring trims - yes. Regardless, retrofitting EyeSight to a non-EyeSight vehicle is likely to be devilishly difficult, and there's no documentation publicly available.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

A lot of software options have to be turned on in various ECUs as well.

Yep. At the very least, EyeSight interacts with the ECU (engine controller), TCU (CVT transmission controller), VDC (vehicle dynamics controller), EPB (electric parking brake controller), BIU (body integrated unit), MFD (multi-function display), and the instrument cluster. See attachment, from Subaru tech training materials (2012).

A place to start would be a tedious but thorough and careful comparison of the various controller part numbers, EyeSight vs. non-Eyesight.

EyeSight_Block_Diagram.png.978b31c277d6d758ceff0f9a003d2a67.png

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Yep. At the very least, EyeSight interacts with the ECU (engine controller), TCU (CVT transmission controller), VDC (vehicle dynamics controller), EPB (electric parking brake controller), BIU (body integrated unit), MFD (multi-function display), and the instrument cluster. See attachment, from Subaru tech training materials.

A place to start would be a tedious but thorough and careful comparison of the various controller part numbers, EyeSight vs. non-Eyesight.

checked few part numbers and some are bit confusing, for ex. instrument cluster comes with two options: w/ eyesight and w/o but with same part number?

As for the display system, there's no option for eyesight and harman kardon in one unit :) is it so? (checked in "subaruonlineparts"). Perhaps it is just programming thing with such units, maybe same goes with some other controllers or are they technically different units?..

the parts are almost surely plug and play in terms of the electronics and you would have to use Subaru Select Monitor to set it all up. Windshield would have to be replaced along with using this control module for abs

B133623912I

outside of the buttons there is no difference between the two steering wheels and you could get those on e-bay all day long.

Archived