LegacyGT.com

Rough idle

Been awhile since I've been on the forums. Have a current issue on my 99 bg. First let me explain what has me puzzled.

So about two weeks ago I replaced my knock sensor because I was having a malfunction code pulling up for it. So I took off the intake manifold and cleaned everything up on the top of the engine and replaced the knock sensor with a hitachi kns0005. Also when I did this I cleaned all of the wiring harness connectors (pretty gunked up), changed my fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, and pcv valve. Everything seemed to be going good when I put it back together. Ran way better before and no issue with the knock sensor code/knock sensor advancing and retarding timing when it felt like it lol.

So now brings me to the point I'm at currently. Under acceleration car pulls and drives fantastic BUT when coming to a stop it idles very sporadically. Goes down to 500 rpms then back up to 750 rpms and almost feels like it's going to die when it drops in rpms. I've done a once over on everything that I took off/replaced and there isn't anything wrong there. All vacuum lines are solid, all connectors are connected, everything looks correct.

I have a few ideas that I think it might be;

-idle air control valve needs cleaning

-(not so sure on this being the cause) power steering pump needs a reseal done to it which I have the parts for, currently no power steering fluid do to it just leaking out of the pump.

Any one have any ideas on what else I should be looking for?

Archived