LegacyGT.com

Back! 2015 Legacy Premium + Eyesight

I loved this for when I had my old '97 Legacy GT. I logged in with what I THOUGHT were my credentials and, wudda ya know, I was able to sign in first try!

Anyway, I purchased a used 2015 legacy 2.5i Premium with Eyesight (and not many other add-ons, really) for $15,750. I traded my 2014 FXTT for my wife's '08 Civic LX coupe several years ago, after we had the little monster. I tolerated the Civic for several years, because it is incredibly cheap to operate, but I hated every moment of it. Small, cramped and without any personality at all.

Like the FXT, the Legacy is nothing like my previous '08 STI, but it's leaps and bounds better than the Civic. The suspension is closer to my '97 (with replacement KYB-GR2's) than the 2011 I last had as a loaner for several days, which had a mushy, wandering feel on the highway.

One benefit of buying used (from a person I trusted, and who trusted me), is that I was able to drive the car for an entire afternoon to feel it out. Needless to say, I was impressed and am happy to have another Subaru in the stable!

Sorry for the long intro. I hope to learn everything I don't already know about the Legacy and start contributing to the community.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Welcome back! I recommend the rear sway bar as your first upgrade. Added a lot of stability on the on/off ramps and some in the general turning. I have the 19, others have the 20 or adjustable. You can do it yourself with a wrench and 35min.

ES is awesome, it's my favorite feature.

Welcome back man!

I second the sway bar upgrade. Stock is 16mm, I went with the 20mm which if I remember correctly is for the Crosstrek. I picked it up at a local dealer for something like $75 with the bushings, it is a direct fit. It is far more planted now in the corners, such a huge improvement. Some have said it makes hitting bumps more rigid and slightly reduces comfort, but I really don't think it does. But, my other ride is an a 20 year old Jeep Wrangler, so that may have some impact on why I don't think it does haha.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

In order of ownership, I've owned the following (recently, to give you a feel for my experience and comfort level):

1. '06 WRX TR: loved and should have kept this!

2. '07 Civix SI: huge mistake - tiny, cramped; better amenities and gas mileage not worth it.

2.a '97 Legacy GT: owned from ~175k to 225k miles (IIRC) - purchased as a winter car, kept even after getting an STI. Great car, after replacing the stock struts with KYB-GR2's

3. '08 STI: loved this car - would have driven it into the ground, but some lady pulled out in front of me and sealed its demised.

RCE Regular Guy springs on stock struts

RCE hollow sways front and rear

Bushing all around

Strut bar (waste of money, but it was used and cheap long)

Cobb Stage 1 + AEM CAI

4. '14 Forester XT Touring: the seats are uncomfortable and the HVAC is lacking, and I've had it into the dealer more Han any other car I've owned for recalls, but everything works well now and all other aspects are great! This is my wife's vehicle, now that we've got a little rug rat.

I had plans to mildly mod (tune, sways, etc) but the warranty issues took a little while to resolve, and the car was given to my wife before I could get going. Who knows, maybe she'll take the Legacy!

5. '08 Civic LX: hate this car - inherited from my wife after the baby. Was too cheap to operate and maintain, making it hard to justify trading. Currently selling to a family member (this weekend, hopefully)

6: '15 Legacy Premium!!! So far, so good. Compared to previous cars (except for the FXT) this thing is luxurious!

I'd love to install a RSB, especially if it's an OEM application (I.e, I can scoop one up from someone upgrading, for cheap!) My only concern, is that it will tend to crab-walk over inclines, like the STI did after sway install. At all other times it was better, but teetering on 2-3 wheels while trying to enter a restaurant parking lot was admittedly a little embarrassing!

I saw the thread about tuning, which doesn't hold much interest for me. I'll enjoy my new "luxury" car and only mod it very lightly (lighter/better wheels + separate winter setup, RSB, as well as interior things like LED lighting and Weathertech floor liner, which were shipped this morning)

'15 FB25

No problem on inclines with the Subaru 20mm RSB.

I had the same thought.

(Got my dealer to bolt it in during an oil change).

The service writer agreed that the car should have come this way.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

No problem on inclines with the Subaru 20mm RSB.

I had the same thought.

(Got my dealer to bolt it in during an oil change).

The service writer agreed that the car should have come this way.

Looks like a RSB is on my short list.

Do you happen to have a part number?

//

How do you guys feel about the CVT simulating a traditional auto (faking shifts) in certain situations? I've gotten used to the HTCVT in our FXT and really like it. While the step changes ("shifts") in the Legacy aren't a major annoyance, it bothers me that Subaru may have made the choice to give it this behavior over a more-efficient programming (like for our FXT, for instance) due to catering to those who prefer the feel of a shifting AT.

'15 FB25

Look on the first page of the Stickies."Official 6 Gen Legacy Aftermarket Mods and Accessories "

Sub Section: Suspension

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Look on the first page of the Stickies."Official 6 Gen Legacy Aftermarket Mods and Accessories "

Sub Section: Suspension

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Thank you very much. I'll read the rest of that thread when I have some free time.

'15 FB25

Archived