LegacyGT.com

Gas mileage

This is what I'm currently getting for mileage cruise control at 65 miles per hour for 56 miles. I'm curious what is the white line and why it keeps changing. But so far I have 621 miles to the tank with 1.2 gallons left over from fill up. Any one else getting similar results?

The key for me is the MPG as the other kind of "pee" won't let me drive 600 miles without a stop anyway. I drive to DC from NH 4-6x/year to assist an elderly relative. Although I can't make the trip without a pee stop in NJ I don't gas up until I get to Elkton MD (cheapest gas on the trip) which is about 400 miles one way. I regularly get 31-33 mpg on my '16 with the 2.5. Most of the trip is spent at 70-75 mph with a stretch on the NJ Tpk often at 80-85, sometimes more. So, I am happy with the results.

The white line is the average mpg for the trip and the green bars are the average over that time interval ( It looked like you had yours set to 1 minute intervals). for an 18.5 gallon tank, getting 621 miles with 1.2 gallons left is about 36mpg which is definitely attainable for a long highway trip at 65mph especially in the summer time without many passengers/luggage etc. When going 65pmh for the occasional 250 mile trip I can normally get the car to say I'm averaging 40-41mpg and a real number (calculating from the gas pumped into the car) around 37-38pmg.

I recently took a 500 mile trip from Oklahoma to Nebraska and back. On the way there, my computer said 42.1mpg but I actually only got 40.45mpg and made it there without any gas stops on ethanol free gas. On my return, I made 37.85mpg with computer saying 39.4mpg, again with ethanol free gas. It's mostly flat terrain with speeds between 55-75 mph.

I find that watching the tach, keeping the max rpm at 2000 and letting the trans do the work results in my best mpg. Of course to get to higheay speeds you need a little more rpms but in everyday driving this works for me.

I find that watching the tach, keeping the max rpm at 2000 and letting the trans do the work results in my best mpg. Of course to get to higheay speeds you need a little more rpms but in everyday driving this works for me.

Same here. I call that "lolligag" mode. Works well when you are in no rush. I can go from 0-60ish MPH without going over 2k RPMs at all. It usually results in us averaging 29 - 31mpg per tank.

Archived