LegacyGT.com

Off on Another Tangent,,,,

Thetoad

People regard Formula -1 cars as the most sophisticated racing developed,,,,I know only what I can objectively seen,,,,and ,,,it Ain't Racing....

Please bear with me,,,,

Actually every race ends on qualifying day,,,,,it's as simple as that,,,,,,

The tracks they race on are so narrow ,,passing is impossible.I remember Juan Pablo Montoya ,,who won the monte Carlo formula -1 race and then remarked after a relatively poor stock car history with Chip Gnassi ,,,,,I have passed more cars in a NASCAR Cup race,,,,,then I did in A ENTIRE FORMULA -1 Racing Season..

I'm sorry I'm writing about this obscurity ,,,but I love Motor Sports and Venting ,,,,Was Necessary.

It depends on weather or not understand the engineering that goes into one of those cars.

I find it fascination what those cars will do.

You'll never see nascar change all four tires in just over 2 seconds.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

And also drive up side down because they create so much down force. Been an F1 fan since the mid 1980's.

Did the OP see Max Verstappen's drive in the rain in Brazil, Nov 2016, not bad for an 18 y/o

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I'll yield to ,,European expertise ,,,in only one area,,that being critical,,,I grant you,,,,,it's simply cornering and suspension,,,,where they outshine ,,let's say the Indy cars,,,,otherwise very similar I'd say.....

It's like we do quarter horses ,,,they do steeplechase ,,,as in multidimensional ,,,,we do straight runs,,,,,all horsepower based in in drag racing ...

It's relatively surprising the corvette is on top of the manufacturers board,,,

Not F-1 but super duper sports cars,,,,

Wait,,,

I attempted a response to Max

Not familiar with a response labeling ,,,but bear in mind ,,,they change one wheel ,,,with one LUG NUT MAX

NASCAR MAKES IT A TAD DIFFICULT

In fact they physically must shift gears,,,,,,no PADDLES ALLOWED.

I'd love to see Hamilton,,being humbled as Juan Pablo,,,was,,a great driver,,,yes,,he won on a right turn road course ,,,but one race don't make a career,or statement.

I agree ,,the sophistication is unparalleled ,,,but as I originally said,,,formula -1 races are decided by POLE POSITION.

that ain't racing in my book,,,,,

I will agree that sometimes the races seem that way. Its more that the other teams need to step up there pace.

I'm not a big Hamilton fan, I think he's more of a guy who got in the right team early on. I would like to see him in a second tier car and see if he could make it win like Ayrton Senna did.

It does seem harder lately for the other teams to catch up. The mid pack battles are entertaining to watch as well.

There is a F1 thread in the "Gen Chat" forum if you'd like to join in there.

Overall,,it's my love of ,,Competitive motor sports ,,,the subaru's are into I guess rally or off course racing,,,with mr. pastrana their figurehead,,,,,and those events are rarely seen on even cable tv.

I never meant this to have been provocative statement ,,,,however in NASCAR ,,a pole don't mean all that much,,,,my favorite ,Matt Kenseth,,is leaving JGR without a ride next year,,,,funny in how you watch races and gain an understanding of how someone drives...

I hate this supposed STAGE RACING,,,,,,.a race Should Be a Race ,,not a sprint,,,,

Like infinity racing Kyle Busch wins almost weekly ,,,,,,Why,,,it's a sprint,,,and he won't nurture his equipment ,,,it's BALLS OUT,FROM THE GETGO...

In cup racing its different,,however he is an exceptional driver,,,but joe won't let him go,,,,for the Indy 500 ...

Always a pleasure ,exchanging ,,,,,Droppings on Here,,,

I used to watch a lot of nascar, I still watch a lot of F1.

This video pretty much sums up why.

If it wasn't for F1 we wouldn't have most of the technology in cars today. Anything from double wishbone suspension like in hondas to dual clutch gearboxes

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

I'll agree wholeheartedly ,,,the innovations spurred on by racing,in particular F-1 has advanced automotive technology,mantle enablers use these forums to improve upon their products currently in production programs...

I failed English three times because of punctuation errors ,,in judgement,,,,I simply can't help,,,,it,,,I write as I speak.....

My overall point as stated initially,,,that being F-1 racing ends by qualifying,,,,I'd suggest widening their tracks by say 5-7 feet....then you'd see maybe 4 times during a race some side by side racing.Maybe.....

I think Subaru has eclipsed its reputation as a Niche car company,,,,it offers a variety of choices,,,,,,,I wish they would get into something other than rally cross,,,or whatever categories the Pastrana's & associates enmesh themselves in....Currently..

To see Pastranna up close you should see it you can volunteer to be a course worker at one of the events he's at. I do the Mt Washington Hill climb, and New England Forrest Rally.

Travis is really easy to talk to and a great spoke's person. While working the Start at the Rally, after he pulled up just before the time the cars needed to show up, he got out of the car, looked around, zipped his suit up and walked over to a father and his two young boy's standing on the side and said Hi to them and talked to boys for a couple minutes.

Archived