LegacyGT.com

Soon to be gone 2012 LGT

We're in the process of looking for a replacement car for the wife. I plan on driving her 09' Acura MDX until I decide on the next big purchase, garage queen. Likely going to go with twin turbo V6 or V8 luxury sport.

2012 silver LGT with 62K miles will likely be traded in or sold locally. Currently on stage 2, tuned by Cryotune.

Aftermarket parts include 19" TSW wheels with good summer tires, Koni inserts with Eibach springs, Racer X TMIC with charge pipe and Turbosmart BOV, Worthless catted DP (group buy). Newest version Accessport.

Interior I'd grade at 9.5 out of 10. Exterior I'd grade at 8.5 out of 10. Subaru Gold warranty until 100K miles, transferrable for $75.

Questions include:

Keep in mind that Colorado is Subaru country, do you think $21K is too much to ask?

should I part the aftermarket, return to stock and sell at current market value? Thinking 18.5K or so. If I can't sell privately/locally, we'll just trade her in.

I think she should be sold as is with the performance goodies but if I can't get 20-21K, parting looks to be the only option.

KBB, NADA and other sites shows resale value much less than what I expect. Browsing the 5th Gen finds thread, pricing seems to be all over the place. 16K for a 2010 with over 100K miles? 2012 with upgrades and 65K miles (when the time comes to sell) looks reasonable at 21K.

Just wanted to get some opinions on what you all think is best option. Thanks in advance.

Super sorry to see you go man. :(

On the topic of part out or not: I have a buddy in Chicago who currently drives an 09 OBXT and has become completely smitten with 5th gens and is looking for his own GT. I'm not sure off hand if he'd be willing to go to Colorado for one or not, but I'm positive if he did, he'd want it as is. Either way, I sent him your build thread and suggested he contacted you.

Personally I think you will have a tough time getting $20-21K on private sales with 65k miles. $18.5k seems more doable. In most instances, mods add minimal value and things like aftermarket rims can vary depending on the buyer tastes. This past spring the prices seemed noticeably higher than the prices last fall as well even though Legacy GT is an all season car, so that maybe working against you..

I would probably part it out to get top dollar. However, in selling 5th Gen parts, it seems to me their is a limited market. The non 5th Gen specific parts will likely be much easier to sell. (AP, BOV, RacerX for WRX)

Archived