LegacyGT.com

Sleeper coming for sale

My wife says:spin: I got to many cars, just 5! So I have to sell my Turbo Station Wagon! I am making sure it is 100% for new owner...

I have a few minor issues to address.

Back window, motor and door handle.

It is such a shame for me to sell it as most everything has been replaced in the last 20k with new - ALL OEM!!

Entire Engine, Entire Suspension and even JDM Dual Climate control...

Any Idea how much I should be asking? What I should sell it for?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

it's an 05, double silver, all options, black leather, guessing about 158k, many extra's, all OEM!

all oem? so its not really a sleeper? But If I where to sell it I would charge the price of all new parts(if they are still in mint condition) + $10to $100(depending on what part and where) for every hour. For example If I where to sell my current project id charge 2000$ for the car(the ej22t unbuilt is worth around this to me) than Id charge 30$ for the weight reduction plus 500$ for the timing belt and 300$ for head cover gaskets vac hoses and fluids and finally id charge 1500$ for the turbo swap. Damn thats the first time ive added up my value of this car so far 4330$ this is how much id charge and its still real problematic but it is a great platform for a 400whp sleeper.

Oh and rule of thumb I have is: There are about 50(Females)/50(Males) in the world and based on this there are 1166666.67(men)/1(ej22t) so its easy to get a new female than it Is to get my car. I dont date woman who cant handle the B00$T.

I just registered on this site a few minutes ago because mine finally blew up and I'm researching. This is the first post I've read so it's kinda funny. I bought my 05 turbo Outback with a manual in April of 2016 for $3900, but it had a number 3 cylinder misfire. Oh, and it had 255K on the original engine and turbo. It's got everything except for the hill brake option. Blue book was saying $6.5k then I think for it. I say ask for ten.

I consider it a sleeper as it don't look like a rocket, even stock oem it's a rocket! It's got every option and I am an old guy with no tickets in over 10 years. My point; it is factory fresh and driven normally - The car has not been stressed, pushed continuously to the limit by some young guy with twice my levels of testosterone. I've never even used the paddle shifter. We need the all wheel drive and my wife has the same car but it is to slow in my opinion.

I can't imagine the neck snap you guys get who add more boost! I often forget about the smack in the back of the head you get at the higher RPMs.

Where is a good place to list it for sale. I' kept all my receipts!

I consider it a sleeper as it don't look like a rocket, even stock oem it's a rocket! It's got every option and I am an old guy with no tickets in over 10 years. My point; it is factory fresh and driven normally - The car has not been stressed, pushed continuously to the limit by some young guy with twice my levels of testosterone. I've never even used the paddle shifter. We need the all wheel drive and my wife has the same car but it is to slow in my opinion.

I can't imagine the neck snap you guys get who add more boost! I often forget about the smack in the back of the head you get at the higher RPMs.

Where is a good place to list it for sale. I' kept all my receipts!

Try and sell It locally to new drivers as "like factory new, refurbished, fun(dont use the word fast so parents arnt turned off), reliable, safe" It seems like a car any new driver who has watched way to many fast and furious movies would want. Sell it in local papers and on your local website/facebook page this is how I find most of my subaur related stuff granted I live in subaru heaven so... Oh and If a teen asks what the hood scoop is for say turbo If parents ask say it cools the engine.

• I Donated Too
Oh and rule of thumb I have is: There are about 50(Females)/50(Males) in the world and based on this there are 1166666.67(men)/1(ej22t) so its easy to get a new female than it Is to get my car. I dont date woman who cant handle the B00$T.

I also have 5 cars... I got divorced. Now I can have more.

Fun thread. Start high, can always go low. Can't go up once you start low tho. I'd also recommend listing on this forum, NASIOC and Craigslist...... I've had a lot of luck buying and selling autos on Craigslist. Just be ready to deal with somenonsense before a sale

Do what makes you happy dont do people who dont allow you to do what makes you happy.
My girlfriend got mad because I started working on my LGT.. I earn an extra $30k a year so I decided to start going at it.. Oh boy.. she's like you need to stop buying car parts.. my car is not going to fix it's self (I wish) so I pretty much told her you are not going to change my mind what I'm doing she knew it was a losing battle.

Archived