LegacyGT.com

Soft or Hard?

It not really a technical question since paints are made up of chemical mixture. Years ago, auto paints on vehicles was all oilbased that was considerably a harder paint but technology have stepped in and waterbase is now the norm. Waterbase paints by design is softer, acrylic surface will be more flexible.

If you are talking about paint wear abilities it stand up better to the elements but it does require more maintenance because the surface is thinner. If you talking about the ability to take direct hit by projectile such as pebbles the waterbase will not be able to holdup as well.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I thought this was a question for the van ride.

Really though, you'll need to do a small test area to determine what polishing compound will work best. On a newer car like yours, you shouldn't need anything stronger than a light polishing compound, like a stage 1 or 2 compound at the most. Anything 3 (heavy compound) or more will require to re-polish with a 1 or 2 to buff out the swirl marks, creating a lot more work and time.

My wife's balls are delicious.

And it was answered!

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul[emoji16]

I guess, if your saying soft, then thank you but you are incorrect in saying that applies to all new cars. Either way thanks, I think. ;)

I thought this was a question for the van ride.

Really though, you'll need to do a small test area to determine what polishing compound will work best. On a newer car like yours, you shouldn't need anything stronger than a light polishing compound, like a stage 1 or 2 compound at the most. Anything 3 (heavy compound) or more will require to re-polish with a 1 or 2 to buff out the swirl marks, creating a lot more work and time.

Thanks!

Archived