LegacyGT.com

05' LGT Wagon - FMIC?!?

I currently have a mishimoto TMIC; I was just wondering if anyone knew of a FMIC kit that is more or less direct bolt on (prefereably without having to do any cutting)...AND...whether or not it's even worth it to go the FMIC route over my current mishimoto.

TIA.

Thanks for the replies!

I'm still trying to figure out what all is on this car. I've only owned it for a few months now and the previous owner seemed to have done some work on it. he upgraded the suspension, swapped the head lights, upgraded brakes, remote start, SS skid plates, solid motor mounts, sway bar bushings, etc. as far as engine mods:

- Borla exhaust

- mishimoto intercooler

- mishimoto radiator

- transmission cooler

- stock turbo, fuel, BPV, even still has stock air box (no idea if there's an aftermarket drop in filter yet

- 15.2psi

- some sort of flash tune. I'll get specifics soon. I'm waiting on him to respond to my email about what is on the car.

as for my goals:

My wife currently claims this car, but I told her when she blows it up, I'm taking it away from her. Since it has the 5EAT (I think that's right), I don't want to get too high in power. a comfortable 350 would be nice but I think that's either pushing or is over the limitations of the 5EAT in its factory form. Short term goals is to get the car in pristine shape with supporting mods before I start making any sort of power. I'm talking about wheel bearings, control arms, ball joints, rubber boots, fluid flushes, full tune up, etc. Once that is done, then I will consider adding some power mods. Initially, probably just upgrading to a vf52 or TD05 just so I can hold boost to redline. way down the road, I'd like to do a full build, E85, GT3076 (maybe GT35R), axles, diff, etc, for a solid 550whp street car. I'll likely go overkill on the block and heads and keep it very conservative on the tune. Overbuild and undertone. I'm aware of the old adage, "Cheap, Fast, Reliable -- pick two!"

just got the email:

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Wagon

Rare

2.5l Turbo Charged

5 Sp Auto Trans

190k Miles

Black Leather

Large Sun Roof

Upgraded Mishimoto Intercooler Top Mount Upgraded Mishimoto All Aluminum Inter-cooler Blistine HD Shocks (coming up on time to need to be refreshed) Transmisson Cooler Steel Braded Brake Lines Sloted Front Rotors Upgraded Pads Bolrla Exhaust Trans Cooler Home Link Mirror Factory Underseat Subwoofer 20% Tint

RX330 Lexus HID Projector Head Lights

Stage 1 Tune. Never High out put tune on car!! Can flash back to Stock if you prefer.

Front SPT Aluminum Skid Plate

Remote Start

White line control arms bushings

Boost Gauge in Dash Pod

Front and Rear Strut Bars

Rear Trunk Subaru All Weather Mat

New Front Ball Joint

Car has run Synthetic oil since New

IMO a fmic isn't necessary until you get to the "built" portion of your plans for the car.

Extra lag due to larger tubing, cost, and fitment are all reasons I upgraded my tmic instead of going fmic.

I prefer stealth/sleeper look though lol. I dont autox so tmic works well for me. But the summer temps here in vegas is yuk for heatsoak. Congrats on the wagon...fun fun fun and keep feeding money through hood scoop. Its a neverending project haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

wow! very impressive run. with that 3071, I'm surprised you didn't raise the rev limiter. I'm not very savvy with these motors yet; is valve float a problem over 7k? bucketless conversion doable on these heads?

what kind of numbers are you pushing out there?

wow! very impressive run. with that 3071, I'm surprised you didn't raise the rev limiter. I'm not very savvy with these motors yet; is valve float a problem over 7k? bucketless conversion doable on these heads?

what kind of numbers are you pushing out there?

Thats not my car lol...i have an 08 lgt...just sharing a tmic video.

Although i do have a steamspeed stx71 (gtx3071r) on my lgt...awaiting a built shortblock down the road...waiting for my block to go...then i can proceed with my build...i may consider a little headwork too...we shall see what comes. My goal is 400whp daily...nothing too crazy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

nice! I used to run a 3071 on my MR2 and it was an absolute blast. loved the quick spool in conjunction with my 264/272 cam setup. I eventually upgraded to a 3470moj topmount which saw 18psi at 1800rpm. I sure do miss that car.

for this build, I will likely go with a 3076 or maybe even slightly smaller to a 28RS. I'm not looking for stupid power out of this car just because of the associated issues. I'm hoping for the 350-400whp range as well.

my first mod is going to be catless UP, and maybe a DP to go with my Borla. I think I'll stick with the TMIC until it becomes a bottleneck WAAAAYYYY down the line. Thanks everyone for the insight.

as for the UP and DP, any suggestions? after that, I'll do a stage2 tune and leave it that way until I put together a new block and heads. the exhaust pieces and a new tune should be enough to have fun in and still be reliable for plenty of time to come.

I've got the Grimmspeed (catted) ceramic coated downpipe and it is a thing of beauty.

I bought in when my Perrin DP split in half.

GS makes some nice stuff if you are willing to pay for it.

Archived