LegacyGT.com

In-Cubby DVD/In-Cubby Stereo- Stock look?

executor485

either way we're still making progress on this one. I'm gonna try to get the dimensions of the kenwood, jensen, & any other similar units & then measure the cubby to see what might fit.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't you just buy the 06 USDM double din/ nav slot and use that? I read somewhere its 95 bucks.

Hrmmm... that might actually work much nicer. I dont know about the fit and all, but DEFINATELY a cheaper way to go.

Searching :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Just thought of something about the usdm d-din/nav piece. There's a bunch of buttons on the 06 nav on that piece. without the nav, would it just be a bunch of button holes?
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Just thought of something about the usdm d-din/nav piece. There's a bunch of buttons on the 06 nav on that piece. without the nav, would it just be a bunch of button holes?

Yes, but since its plain plastic it wouldnt be that hard to fill and re-paint

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Yes, but since its plain plastic it wouldnt be that hard to fill and re-paint

Yeah, you're right. wouldnt be too big a deal. What's your take on all this? Think it could be done? You're the guy when it comes to this stuff.

Well, if they actually do fit the same... That would really suck for them... charging $180 for the D-Din cubby piece thats the same thing as a $95 part...

But its JDM, Yo..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

• 3 weeks later...
Well, the real question I had was is the $95 piece from the dealer just the bezel or is it the bezel and the mounting brackets? I'm willing to bet it is just the plastic outside bezel. Has anybody looked in a parts book to see what the part numbers for the brackets are?

What about this: http://www.installer-data.com/item/display_item.php?it=99-8901 would'nt it allow you to install an aftermarket in the factory space?
Unfortunately, no. It only helps those with manual climate controls.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

i have a question:

how often do people sit in their parked cars and watch DVD's?

i say parked, because if you do it while driving you are entitled to a free punch in the mouth.

What about rush hour traffic? ;)

And as far as the DVD, i would more want the in dash navigation aka pioneer etc

i have a question:

i say parked, because if you do it while driving you are entitled to a free punch in the mouth.

Uhhh....you obviously don't travel with kids on a long trip, do you?:rolleyes:

i have a question:

Perhaps you stay where you live and never travel, but I take 2 5k mile trips a year atleast, and a screen is a must for nav, and movies for the people in the back.

Perhaps you stay where you live and never travel, but I take 2 5k mile trips a year atleast, and a screen is a must for nav, and movies for the people in the back.

i've survived in life so far without providing movies for my rear seat passengers. ever heard of a portable DVD player? no hacking of the center console required, and you can use it in other places besides just the car.

i guess it just doesn't have teh bling factor.

I wouldn't buy one of these units if the DVD player didnt work while driving. Its for the passengers anyways, not for the driver to watch while driving. I'd want the passengers to be able to watch a dvd on a road trip. if it's too much of a distraction for you while driving, you're a crappy driver. I dont think it'd be any more distracting than having the radio on. & definitely not more distracting than the nav screen is.

ok, I'm guessing you went on crutchfield.com & tried the "what fits my car" option. you need to search pal. You're missing the whole entire point of why we're having this & many other discussions about this subject in these forums.

Archived