LegacyGT.com

The Flat Earth Discussion Thread

famaya26

Someone who works here believes the moon landings were all a big hoax and that everything was filmed in a Hollywood studio, that's always fun too..

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

What about the Alien conspiracy that they have bases on the darkside of the Moon also we have now our on Space colony on Mars....

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji4]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Someone who works here believes the moon landings were all a big hoax and that everything was filmed in a Hollywood studio, that's always fun too..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw]That Mitchell and Webb Look - Moon Landing Sketch - YouTube[/ame]

I had heard about the Flat Earthers a few years ago but I honestly thought it was just a bunch of people with a great sense of humor trying to troll everyone. I thought about going to a local meeting because honesty this shit is hilarious, right? But then I learned that no, it's not a gag, this is for real. This is some deep seeded conspiracy theory tin foil hat shit that would make even Michael Moore roll his eyes.

Now I want to go to one those meetings even more. Start shouting things like "Yeah, and if the Earth was really round and spinning, why haven't the oceans all collected at the equator?"

... that's probably already on their top 10 list of evidences.

Did any of these people ever look through a telescope? Nobody is manipulating the light rays coming through a set of lenses. ;)

Every planet we can see or photograph is a globe. There are no flat plate planets orbiting any stars that we can observe. Galileo observed Venus, Mars and Jupiter back in the early 1600's. Was he in on the conspiracy hundreds of years ago? :lol:

I have trouble understanding how anybody can be so ignorant.

Did any of these people ever look through a telescope? Nobody is manipulating the light rays coming through a set of lenses. ;)

Every planet we can see or photograph is a globe. There are no flat plate planets orbiting any stars that we can observe. Galileo observed Venus, Mars and Jupiter back in the early 1600's. Was he in on the conspiracy hundreds of years ago? :lol:

Hey man, if you think the Earth is some sort of ball, you need Jesus.

It is trivial to see Saturn with a nice telescope in an area far from light pollution. It's round, and has rings... all clearly visible and immediately recognizable. It's quite the sight.

Hey man, if you think the Earth is some sort of ball, you need Jesus.
Good point, after all, from Scripture we know the Earth is around 6,000 years old. Satan must have planted all those dinosaur bones, flies trapped in amber and other fossils to trick people. It's the only logical explanation.

It is trivial to see Saturn with a nice telescope in an area far from light pollution. It's round, and has rings... all clearly visible and immediately recognizable. It's quite the sight.

I use an 8" telescope to regularly observe both Saturn and Jupiter from within city limits in Dallas. They are VERY bright objects (for astronomical standards). You can see the phases of Venus too without trouble.

Actually, here's a composition of everything I saw last year in a single night from the SMU campus:

13443027_10156962747770527_4650356533928945417_o.jpg?oh=96991ddd031ec04eec6e3c33ddb724e4&oe=5A05CFBC

As you can see, I was even able to get some texture on Mars that night (but it was in opposition). It looks much better through the lens... I have a cheap adapter for my camera.

But that doesn't mean the EARTH is spherical, right??? :lol::spin::lol:

I use an 8" telescope to regularly observe both Saturn and Jupiter from within city limits in Dallas. They are VERY bright objects (for astronomical standards). You can see the phases of Venus too without trouble.

Actually, here's a composition of everything I saw last year in a single night from the SMU campus:

13443027_10156962747770527_4650356533928945417_o.jpg?oh=96991ddd031ec04eec6e3c33ddb724e4&oe=5A05CFBC

As you can see, I was even able to get some texture on Mars that night (but it was in opposition). It looks much better through the lens... I have a cheap adapter for my camera.

But that doesn't mean the EARTH is spherical, right??? :lol::spin::lol:

You're looking at an image through a lens that is (allegedly) millions of miles away. I don't care how good your vision is, or even if you have a stereoscopic telescope. You can't actually see that those objects are spherical. Just that they have a round visual appearance. No way the depth perception is there to see that those are spherical.

You're looking at an image through a lens that is (allegedly) millions of miles away. I don't care how good your vision is, or even if you have a stereoscopic telescope. You can't actually see that those objects are spherical. Just that they have a round visual appearance. No way the depth perception is there to see that those are spherical.

Yeah, especially that image of the moon. Definitely can't tell it's a sphere in that shot... unless you look at it for more than 5 seconds.

Yeah, especially that image of the moon. Definitely can't tell it's a sphere in that shot... unless you look at it for more than 5 seconds.

That's just shading to make it look like what you think a sphere should be. I don't understand how people can be so easily fooled. Are you using some kind of stereoscopic telescope that has a sufficient distance to actually SEE the 3rd dimension? No, you're not.

Brady do you really believe this?
He told me I needed Jesus because I thought the Earth was a globe! Jesus had a lot of interesting things to say, but he didn't seem all that interested in Science.

:lol:

He told me I needed Jesus because I thought the Earth was a globe! Jesus had a lot of interesting things to say, but he didn't seem all that interested in Science.

:lol:

You still need Jesus.

Archived