LegacyGT.com

Finally a Map Update

Please forgive me for posting a new thread with this, but it has been so long since there has been a map update I didn't want anyone to miss it! First, there is an update to the Subaru Map Update toolbox. Second, though I was told we would get an email when a new update was ready (I never did) I went in and there is a map update for the Subaru Legacy...I do not know if this applies to the other Subaru's or not. The last one was the 3rd quarter of 2015. I have a 2016 Subaru Legacy.

Please explain the procedure, like "navigation must have been launched in your vehicle"? How much is it?

Simple Search "Map Update"

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5616598

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3898361

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!😊

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

this is why I use my Dell Venue 11 Pro for navigation. Maps are updated on a regular basis and the GPS location services offer so much more for free. If you are wondering how a tablet can give you GPS, it has a Dell 5808 card installed that uses a Sierra GOBI 5000 GPS receiver/LTE Modem

Smart Phones running such as Google Map/ Waze usually be the most up-to-date interface but it still not as convenient as the OEM Navigation Units.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

Smart Phones running such as Google Map/ Waze usually be the most up-to-date interface but it still not as convenient as the OEM Navigation Units.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

the tablet is much faster, larger display and Microsoft Maps is based off of Nokia's Here maps, arguably one of the best (if not the best) free GPS apps that runs on Windows/Windows 10 Mobile. Plus you can also have other things that you want on the screen at the same time. the 11" IPS LED Screen is a nice touch as well

Security guy...not to argue, but this it is not the same one that came with the 2016. I have a 2016 and what came with mine (and others according to the dealer) was the 3rd quarter 2015 map. I went in and double checked. There have been no updates since...until this current one which says 3rd quarter of 2016.

It may depend on the month the vehicle was manufactured but the map update currently available states 2016/2017 update. Therefore, one would think that the NAV software that came with the 2016 is the same as that of the 2017 as there have been no updates since the 2016 version. My 2015 Legacy has a different version.

865173646_SubaruNAVUpdate.jpg.d70fc5f84635e7304af84c1843d96d41.jpg

Where I call home, getting map updates is futile exercise because the roads are always being modified by the state or entertainment industry. This is where Google Waze is a godsend.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Where I call home, getting map updates is futile exercise because the roads are always being modified by the state or entertainment industry. This is where Google Waze is a godsend.Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Hi Rowlette .. as much as I am hesitant to post videos by this guy, it does appear that he is agreeing with your thoughts on GPS navigation. (I try my best to disregard his crass supposed "humor" and take in his facts) I would be interested in your thoughts (and those of other forum members) regarding his comments on "Data" at the 12:14 minute mark. Like you, the major highways in my area are constantly being upgraded and I have actually been one of those people who thought that smartphone navigation was a data killer, and now I'm wondering if it is an option for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXNlGryH6-o

This guy is an Asswipe but he is on point. Now let me clarify... If you use Google Maps/Waze on the fly you do use some of your data plan to down load the map on the fly. I have 5 phones on my plan with 20 GB and on all five phones never used more than 3 GB combined and I use Waze all the time when I am in the vehicle. Now with Google Maps you can preload(Offline) the destinations on your phone using WiFi prior to leaving and you will not use your data. The App will eat the battery, so you must use a external charger from your power source.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul [emoji847]

Just finished downloading the latest map software (2017/2018) for both my 15 Legacy and my 17 Forester (they come with 2016/2017 maps). Very simple process and easy to do. Took about 10 minutes to download and install on the existing SD card. The 17 was FREE and my 15 cost me $54. I moved into a brand new community that wasn't on the 2016 maps and, now with the upgrade, my new street shows up:icon_chee

I purchased the new maps and i think that I downloaded them onto my SD card, but when I put the SD back in the car nothing happens and the map still shows 2014. I have a 2015 Limited.

Thanks in advance!!

Why not! It still a year of changes. Some received 3 years of non chargeable updates or purchased upgrade for three years for vehicles prior to 2016.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul[emoji16]

Archived