LegacyGT.com

Poll: Was Subaru stupid or smart in ditching the "non" limited?

For 2006's+ was it smart for Subaru to ditch the "non" limited?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. For 2006's+ was it smart for Subaru to ditch the "non" limited?

• Yes, standard userbase is better than splitting the market
    • No, customers should have choice.
    • Cost of the car should be in the middle of "non" limited and limited
    • I don't care, please bring the Legacy STI Subaru.

I just noticed in Canada you can still get a "non" limited GT sedan (no wagon).

The 2006 GT sedan has premium cloth "power adjustable" seats.

Also, Canada gets the GT Ltd Wagon with manual transmission.

http://www.subaru.ca/interface/Subaru02/DataSheet01.asp

American market is convenience-oriented. Your country, Europe and Asian countries buy more manual transmission cars. Lucky you.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

el gato:

i wanted a car i could have fun with. luxury was important, as was the car being japanese. this was going to be my first new car. any of the euro cars i desire are like 45k+ (fan of bmw and porsche). i also needed navigation, AWD, and the car to be good looking of course. the legacy met the most on my list of criteria, and i love it. its actually quite amazing that i only have two complaints about this car; a car is composed of so many parts and has so much to go wrong, only two bad things to say is quite good. those two things being thin paint and fairly shitty console plastic/wood.

you are right, tsx is not me because its not fast and no awd, but it got the luxury part down 100%. g35 coupe (not into sedan really) does not have awd.

i also like to be unique, and a 2005 legacy gt ltd is surely unique when compared to some other brands/builds.

hope that answers ur question

mmanus88,

I rest my case. You, me and the rest of the guys fell for what SoA has to offer. Let us all enjoy our ride live with what we have.....good or bad.:icon_bigg

Over and out.

yup, but that 2006 m5 will be mine in the near future. now that is a car :munch:

mmanus88...that is a car, I agree. But you will not be in this forum. You will be in the BMW forum. And your evolution continues.

For us Subaru lovers we will be here...not necessarily legacygt.com, but we will be around.;)

mmanus88...that is a car, I agree. But you will not be in this forum. You will be in the BMW forum. And your evolution continues.

mmanus88, you will still be welcome here, and you will still be welcome to post pics of your car that we can all drool over.

I think it is a big mistake any time a car maker does away with a maximum bang for the buck model. In my opinion - sunroof=nice (but not necessary)...leather=bad (cold/sticky)...power seats=bad (more weight and more to break the week after the warranty expires).

And for all you non-politically correct people out there - people are now referred to as "physically challenged," not handicapped; "asians" are no longer called oriental; and my GT is UNLIMITED...not non-limited.

I am very glad I got my '05 when I did for the non-limited option. I personally am not very fond of leather seats, and I actually think that Subaru makes a great cloth seat. I loved the cloth in my RS, I just wish the seats in my LGT were as supportive as those in the RS. I am still surprised that Subaru doesn't offer the sunroof as a separate option on both the base AND Limited models. I would have opted for it, and I know several Limited owners would have opted without it.

But, Subaru has never been one to offer a lot of options. Their thought is more like Henry Ford. "You can buy it in any color as long as it's black."

i like that henry ford quote :)

and don't worry guys, i will be around for a while lol. the m5 is my practical target car within the next few years. i just love everything about it. i actually just came in from detialing the interior of my car. wouldve done exterior but aiting for my order from PAC to come in :icon_frow

Oh...one more thing, mmanus88. Look at the "Salary Poll", 19% are in the $105,000+ range. I am not sure how legit it is, but why are they still buying Subarus? M5 is probably in their range. It makes you wonder.:icon_ques :icon_ques :icon_bigg

even rich people have a bit of common sense some times :icon_tong

subarus are great cars, and to me, represents an object of "hobby." i love taking care of my car and cleaning it and enjoying it. i do so on my subaru. and it looks very sexy as well!

take my father, for example. the man owns a 2005 bentley continental GT, among other cars. but that doesn't mean he doesn't own something sensible that he can drive everyday. he currently rides around in a civic and i have been nudging him to take a look at the prius. i hear the ride is incredibly smooth, gas mileage is amazing, and its quite roomy in there. plus its a toyota, never could go wrong there

• 2 months later...
I too would not be driving a Subaru today had the Non-Limited LGT been available when I bought my '05. The cost difference of the limited over the non-limited would have kept out of the car. With taxes, the Limited ran over $30,000! I've got two kids and a wife to support, so I do have limits how much I can spend, that's why I'm buying a sports sedan in the first place and not a coupe! Besides, I prefer cloth seats (especially when their heated like with my N-LTD), though I would have liked the moon roof.

Cloth seats were manditory for me thus a non-limited GT. I got tired of having to make sure my daughter wasn't wearing her metal link belt. She trashed my leather surface passenger seat on the Mustang forcing me to get it "fixed". My wife was really pleased with the heated cloth seats, this is the only car we looked at that had cloth heated seats, all else either were leather heated only or not available.

Archived