LegacyGT.com

Cruise Control Surging then stops working

Hello everyone, to start off I have a 2005 GT 5spd all stock besides a spt intake. When im on the highway and i set the cruise control it sets just fine, i can accel up and decel etc but at a steady cruise it surges up and down and eventually it will shut off cruise and flash the cruise light. I have no CEL's and no codes stored that i found. everything else in the car works 100%, any thoughts what to look for?? thanks

Have you recently replaced a front hub/bearing assembly ?

Not since i have had it. It did this the day i drove it home so i cant say what the previous owner has done. nothing looked out of place when i did brakes on it and both rotors, and hubs looked good, not brand new either

I would see if a repair shop will plug in there tester and tell you which wheel speed sensor is going bad.

I replace one last Fall, I did a thread on it. Easy to replace with good penetrating fluid.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/left-rear-wheel-speed-sensor-r-r-257633.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I had that, turned out to be aftermarket front hubs. Bought NTN hubs from ebay (OEM), cruise control has been solid ever since.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Wheel-Bearing-Hub-Assembly-for-Subaru-Legacy-Outback-2005-Up-OEM/200942016207

Yea, that's where I was going with my first post.

That's well documented. ;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Yea, that's where I was going with my first post.

That's well documented. ;)

I figured you were, just adding fuel to the fire.

I found in my paperwork that my fronts had been replaced 3x for each side, so I decided that it was best to go OEM anyway and thankfully it solved the cruise control issue as well.

:) ^

My wagon has OEM in the right front and a new Timken in the left. Moog's in the rears.

Had a OEM in the left front but it had play in April so I replaced it.

Archived