LegacyGT.com

So I bit the bullet...3.6 engine modification and install has begun.

Bit the bullet and bought a 3.6 engine/trans/wiring/ecu. Will be installing it after we beef it up with the help from my Nascar engine builder friend Alan. If any of you know me from any of the Mopar or Cobra forums I'm a part of, he's the one who built my 442 for my Roadrunner and helped me Whipple my Termie.

I predict...Gloriousness and ridiculousness in my future.

Awesome. I can't wait to see this happen. Seems like a pretty simple task really(in concept anyway). Should fit right in. The most tedious part is going to be swapping the harness out. That will be a royal pita, but the motor should fit fine and be freakin awesome. If you boost it will you be going custom ecu, can you without smog issues? Canbus may pose a bit of trouble, but nothing insurmountable. I will be watching. Awesome work.

Awesome. I can't wait to see this happen. Seems like a pretty simple task really(in concept anyway). Should fit right in. The most tedious part is going to be swapping the harness out. That will be a royal pita, but the motor should fit fine and be freakin awesome. If you boost it will you be going custom ecu, can you without smog issues? Canbus may pose a bit of trouble, but nothing insurmountable. I will be watching. Awesome work.

Only worries we have at the moment are security features, since we do not have a stock instrument cluster or ignition module...but we will be taking it up to Subaru to bypass if at all possible. I'm hoping for a 6MT, but then again...more work, more $, more time.

If your really interested in making this uniquely powerful I think using the 5eat will be an injustice to the build. Some have already reported slipping with the under power, and there aren't upgrades for this gen 5eat.

If your car is already manual the Sti 6mt would be the only way to go imo.

Too bad you don't have TurboYoda and Mechanical Stig at your disposal...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Archived