LegacyGT.com

Desperate Need for Help Getting My Legacy Running

Ok, this may or may not help you but I just got my car back from the dealer. They had a Subaru master tech come in and found that one of the pins in the biu or (as i think we refer to it as the immobilizer ) connector had pulled out.

Did that solve it?

Did that solve it?

Yes. That solved it as far as I know. That's what the master tech had found according to Subaru. I've only had the car back since noon today, so with fingers crossed the problem will stay gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you able to find your issue?

Yes. After some investigation by an electrician, we concluded that it was probably the harnesses being cut without the power being shut off first, closing the circuit between them and causing a short somewhere. I managed to track down the 2nd last owner and he confirmed the battery was still connected when it was chopped out. Instead of frying the fuses, it messed up the connections to the fuse box, hence why none of the fuses were fried. The solution was to bypass that and attach an inline fuse instead. Starts up and runs fine, but idle is still still a little low and lumpy so it'll need a bit of work yet

Idle, the ECU is still re-learning after the battery was disconnected for the repair you did. Drive it, it will be fine after a few miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived