LegacyGT.com

another craptastic Bill Kolb creation

WOW jedi. now why doesnt that surprise me at all? Kolb is one of the worst I've ever seen. I'm of the school that all car dealers are scumbags trying to rip you off. I'm 28 years old but I look closer to 22. When I went to kolb for my LGT they treated me like a kid that was there to spend mommy & daddy's money. Their finance manager "disclaimed" himself about the interest rate when I sat down in his office telling me "you know that's only available if your credit score is more than "X"". I told him "go ahead & run my credit". After 2 more warnings he gave a surprised look & told me "oh, well you more than qualify". I felt like saying "no shit A-shole". They run such a shady shop it's unbeliveable. Sorry to go off on a rant but dealing with that place is worse than major surgery.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's gotta be a lease. Dealerships love leasing you a car because it means you will be back for another one in 2 or 3 years.

edit: So I'm confused.... what is the difference between this and a normal 2.5i? Other than getting alloy wheels, that deck spoiler thing, and fancy seats, it looks like everything else is available as factory options, no? I'd rather buy my own wheels, get my own spoiler, keep the factory seats, and not have a retarded XR painted on the back of my car.

xR is th3 f4st4r

man, i actually bought my LGT from them. i did see the GXR, not as crappy in real life but not my choice either. Nsagilbene from here got the GTX last year too, i think his Borla catback was put on from the dealer - someone correct me if i'm wrong. i agree their marketing though isn't all straight forward.

i have used their service department a few times and they are ok on that end. My dealer i boughty the car off of has a horriable service depo and i actually prefer bill kolb to them. All that aside, i did like the GTX and probably would have gotten one over my LGT if I had known about it, but this GXR BS is really pathetic.

Look at this-

http://www.bkcars.com/gxr/images/gxr_logo.gif

Couldn't he have made the G, instead of pulling them off a GT? :rolleyes:

He makes his living by modifying already-existing things. His cars are evidence, so why not the logo. It wouldn't be the right if the G was different, now would it?? It's the Bill Kolb philosophy. :p

-ben

I actually did get the gtx from them last year & I like it except for the stupid "x's" embroidered in the seats. It was actually a decent deal but they quoted me many more crap features than it actually had.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

bill kolb is about 10 minutes away from me. aside from their shitty variations of a good car, they actually have an excellent mechanic team that specializes in the performance area of subaru. those guys know these cars inside and out. aside from that its jsut your run in the mill dealer.

bill kolb is about 10 minutes away from me. aside from their shitty variations of a good car, they actually have an excellent mechanic team that specializes in the performance area of subaru. those guys know these cars inside and out. aside from that its jsut your run in the mill dealer.

Everyone keeps saying that but then why did I have to go back to them 7 or 8 times to get my CEL problem taken care of? Why did they tell me they replaced my air filter & when I looked it was the same old dirty one that had been in there? I could go on & on. My experience with them has not been great & it's like pulling teeth to get anything done with them.

i'm sorry your experiences were sour. when i got into an accident, they were put in charge of ruiblding everything from the engine pulley to the front bumper. the car runs like new and u would think it has never even come in contact with another auto.

now, i ahte dealerships either way. i don't deal with BK regularly, so i wouldn't know anything about their consistency

I went to the autoshow in manhattan and saw kolb there w/ the gtx prior to me purchasing the legacy. I was actually going to buy one, I bought into his dyno stats. Well I'm glad I didn't go w/ him, looks like hes full of hot air.

exactly like me! i was mesmerized by the garnet red with the black piaa's- sooo hot! but i really wanted a limited not a regular GT so I just bought from a local dealer....

I actually did get the gtx from them last year & I like it except for the stupid "x's" embroidered in the seats. It was actually a decent deal but they quoted me many more crap features than it actually had.
It stands for Xtreme right ha

Well, they tried to rip me off for sure but I'm not stupid & I walked out of there about 10 times before they worked it down to my numbers. Best thing was, the 2nd time I went back to check out the car it was $1,000 more than originally advertised. I had the advertisement with me, showed it to them & told them there's no way the price jumped 1k in a week. They gave me a whole song & dance about how that price wasnt too cheap & they had to raise it but I made them honor it since it was advertised. I had to threaten them that I would go to honda if they didnt work with me. Took about 3 weeks but I got what I wanted. They definitely did try at every corner to screw me though.

After all that and you still bought from them?? Remind me to do what your avatar is doing to you next time at a meet. :lol: JK

I was willing to work with them, 2 weeks came and gone and I got nothin but poor communication. They said they were going to call me and they didnt. Saying they couldnt find one with a spoiler when they were just trying to push one off their lot + charge me $450 for a spoiler install. Not to mention prices were ridiculous as well.

Believe me nacho, if they hadnt met my price I wouldnt have done anything with them. It was just easier since they're 5 mins from my house. They tried but I didnt let them rip me off.

Archived