LegacyGT.com

AFR idles @ 17-18+ after fixing intake leak?

I recently replaced my inlet hose with a Perrin and got a boost leak soon after so I was never able to tune for the inlet. I found the leak (which was pretty obvious) to be the valve cover breather tube being disconnected. While it was disconnected, the car idled fine, ran a good AFR, etc., just never hit full boost. After connecting it, my car now idles at a 18+ on my v3 AP and around a 16 or 17 on my AEM AFR gauge. After coming out of a gear into neutral (at a red light, stop sign, etc.) idle will drop to like 200 rpm and feel like it's about to stall. It feels like it hits full boost now (doesn't die on the top end like it used to) but I can't tell because my AP is saying the boost pressure is always at 0.16-0.21. I was thinking vacuum leak but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Any suggestions? I'm going to smoke test it sometime this week. The car has a Perrin short ram intake, Perrin inlet, AVO TMIC, and a full turboback exhaust. I'm not sure when or if the PCV valve has been replaced so could that be a possible problem?

I did an ECU reset on my Accessport after fixing the leak.. still pops a CEL for running lean @ idle. And no protune, just an OTS map from the Accessport that's close to my aftermarket parts. No protune because I found that leak soon after replacing the inlet.

Update: I found another vac leak. One of the boost diagnostic lines was disconnected. I reconnected it and zip tied, but the car still idled around a 15.9-16.2 AFR on my AEM gauge and around a 16.9-17.1 on my Accessport. I trust the gauge more than the Accessport, and I'm assuming the AFR is "normal" for having switched the inlet w/out tuning. Correct me if I'm wrong. Smoke test today and e-tune soon

Cobb has a tune for That CAI?

I know grimmspeed lists there intake along with the technical info saying that the cobb 91oct stage 2 with sf is OK to use. But a custom tune is always a better idea regarding any power mods

Archived