LegacyGT.com

Stock Vs. Stage1 Logs

trabbic

Here are some logs I took last night before and after changing my car to Cobb AP Stage1. As you can see on the graphs on the third page the boost is higher and the timing is much higher at low and high rpm.

It also took less time to pull from ~1200 rpm to the fuel cut in the stage 1 tune. It felt MUCH stronger. As a result of the shorter time to do the pull the number of plotted points for the Stage 1 are fewer between 1300 and 6600 (because the computer can only accept them so fast, I think this is a limit of the serial port on the pc). This may make some of the graphs look a little weird, but the basic idea is still there. Don't take the RPM measure on these graphs as exact because of this...

It was pretty cold last night (~50) but very high relative humidity. I also did the trick where you hold boost in third for a while to help the computer learn faster, but I don't really know if that did much, I will report back latter on that.

Questions? Comments?

Graphs.pdf

Stage1.pdf

Stock.pdf

Graphs.pdf

Stage1.pdf

Stock.pdf

Great contribution! I was wondering if you can also log either/or mass air grams/s, and MAF volts? This lets us get a real good idea on how much air the engine is pumping. Oh, and add inj. duty %, this shows us how much fuel your using, and along with grams/s of air, we can roughly calculate the A/F ratio....

If you download the Free DD demo, you can open up the logs generated by the DL1 logger. It graphs the data for you.

I did a little logging myself this am. I'm a stg1.5T, up/dp,tmic, AP protuned map. This is actually another member's map, and I hope he doesn't mind me reporting on it. It was a dynotuned map for his car. Which is similar to mine, so hence the reason I tried it out. This is a great AP feature!

It's not like it is some secret guarded info anyway. I'll try to do a side by side log with my PDX map later today, for comparison.

Stg2 Ag 2005-10-21 08h16m44s.pdf

Stg2 Ag 2005-10-21 08h16m44s.pdf

Thanks guys...

Yeah I didn't log that informaiton, I was trying to keep it as fast as possible...

New logs on the way, with mass air, MAF volts, and Injector duty %, what other items do you want with it (rpm, boost, etc.)

To be honest, once you log boost once or twice, that's all you need. It pretty much stays constant. As does the inj %, but the timing and KC will vary with temps, weather, load, etc....

Take a look at my log, and you can get an idea from there. The grams/s & MAF volts are redudant, but some people know one better than the other. I like the grams/s, because no matter what size MAF it is, this is the air the engine sees. Unless of course you're running UTEC, which actually manipulates the volts.

In the turbo V8 world where I come from turbo spools, boost hits peak and stays flat across the entire rpm range. Why is it that the tuners are tapering boost at high rpm in the legacy? Is it a turbo efficiency problem? All the graphs look like the turbo is undersized for the motor.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Chris

In the turbo V8 world where I come from turbo spools, boost hits peak and stays flat across the entire rpm range. Why is it that the tuners are tapering boost at high rpm in the legacy? Is it a turbo efficiency problem? All the graphs look like the turbo is undersized for the motor.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Chris

Smart man! Our turbo's are indeed undersized, and cannot hold boost in the higher rpm's, especially at speed! The vf40 is said to flow 415cfm @1 bar. The vf39(STI) is said to do 475cfm.

You need a turbo capable of 570-600cfm to keep up with this 2.5 boxer!

Smart man! Our turbo's are indeed undersized, and cannot hold boost in the higher rpm's, especially at speed! The vf40 is said to flow 415cfm @1 bar. The vf39(STI) is said to do 475cfm.

You need a turbo capable of 570-600cfm to keep up with this 2.5 boxer!

thanks :) What the the maps like for the 18G and 20G? I am used to dealing with T76's, 88's and thumpers LOL!

Sorry for the hijack feel free to pm me.

Cheers,

Chris

You mean cfm wise? The real Mitsu 18g in it's native housing does 595cfm. the 20g 640cfm both @1 bar.

I say real Mitsu, because any direct bolt-on, uses a machined vf40 cover, with the exception of deadbolt's, but that is not confirmed, only rumored. The diff between these is unkown, but it appears to be about 20whp. But it could be more once you get over 350whp levels.

What octane and revision map did you use?

Sorry about that, I am using the 1.15 revision 93 Octane.

I will wait to do the logs again with the new information, because I am going out of town tonight on a 200 mile trip... I wish I had time to do it today (damn work getting in the way of my fun... :mad: )

Archived