LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on upgrading 2.5i OBW brakes to lgt

Been doing a lot of reading on here and see obxt guys doing the lgt swap and I wanna do it on my 2.5i because I do lot of back country roads and good amount of highway and this year will be carrying camping gear and biking gear and possibly a tepui roof top tent if we can buy one after the wedding... so my thought is to reduce the possibility of easily warped rotors and honestly the stock brakes in my car are a bit underwhelming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight swap, but note acceleration will suffer from increased rotational mass.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

switch out brake pads to something with a little more stop and bleed your brakes. My guess is that will make a significant difference in feel.

When I went from the Outback brakes to the the Legacy GT the difference in acceleration was very noticeable.

switch out brake pads to something with a little more stop and bleed your brakes. My guess is that will make a significant difference in feel.

When I went from the Outback brakes to the the Legacy GT the difference in acceleration was very noticeable.

so like a brake fluid flush with good fluid and I see a lot of people running centric premium rotors and posi-quiet pads?

I have that on my Honda Fit and it's a great set-up. Really good initial bite. Never had an issue with feel. However, that really is a DD set-up. I don't know the heat range of those pads, however, if you aren't bombing downhill mountains / back country roads, chances are you won't notice any fade.

I can't tell you what it would be like on a heavier car though.

I have that on my Honda Fit and it's a great set-up. Really good initial bite. Never had an issue with feel. However, that really is a DD set-up. I don't know the heat range of those pads, however, if you aren't bombing downhill mountains / back country roads, chances are you won't notice any fade.

I can't tell you what it would be like on a heavier car though.

I do plan on using back country and mountain roads but I won't be speeding around especially with the bikes and tent and gear hopefully someone can chime in on the centric pad and rotor combo for a OBW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that case, I highly doubt you need anything specific. I only ever made my stock fade bombing down mountain roads and slamming on the brakes at every hairpin.

Normal driving (especially) with the 5mt you can help use the engine to help you brake. Just better pads + a bleed will get you exactly where you want to be.

In that case, I highly doubt you need anything specific. I only ever made my stock fade bombing down mountain roads and slamming on the brakes at every hairpin.

Normal driving (especially) with the 5mt you can help use the engine to help you brake. Just better pads + a bleed will get you exactly where you want to be.

thank you

Archived