LegacyGT.com

Just bought a 2007 gt

I just bought a 2007 LGT SI drive "$3000" it's dark grey 160k on the motor. I'm not good with my Subarus. It was my cousins car he's had it for about a year for that year he used it for delivery so beat it pretty hard basically on an every day basis for a year he did change the oil every 3k miles he used rotella than switched to mobile 1. He got all 4 brake disc drilled and slotted, ceramic brakes. And some new all season tires, he also got an eBay exhaust because the flow-master one that the owner before him had went out that's about it. The car for the time he had it started up every time never had a single problem with it no oil leaks the turbo is hitting 12 lb's of boost the SI drive works one thing I notice is the car has backfire when shifting gears while being mostly stock except the exhaust I didn't check if it has a down pipe the last thing I noticed is the block on the engine is "red" doesn't seem painted I been trying to look online can't find anything about it so my main question is what to look for in he car to see if it's okay and things that I need to keep in mind that I should get done to it. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a nice car for the most part. Try something simple like new plugs. Maybe they've seen better days. If you still have an issue with the backfire, maybe one of the guys on here would suggest another thing to check, maybe the tuning o something.

Sounds like a nice car for the most part. Try something simple like new plugs. Maybe they've seen better days. If you still have an issue with the backfire, maybe one of the guys on here would suggest another thing to check, maybe the tuning o something.

Yeah that was for sure my first on the list sense he put 20k on the motor sense last year.

The service manual will help you. http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Keep a close eye on the oil level, also top it off, NEVER let it get low.

Red engine block, means its been rebuilt. I seem to recall a few years back someone on here had a red engine.

Where do you live ?

You'll want to do a boost leak test and make sure there is no vacuum leak. The car should not back fire.

Are you sure it backfire's or is it just the exhaust rumble from the load exhaust ?

STOP USING MOBIL 1.

Use Shell Rotella t6 5w-40 year round or one of the few other oils we recommend.

You'll want to make sure the MAF sensor is clean, easy to do. Plugs would be a good idea and the engine ground wires.

Read the stickys at the tops of the forums, lot's of good info there.

Oh, Welcome to the forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The service manual will help you. http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Keep a close eye on the oil level, also top it off, NEVER let it get low.

Red engine block, means its been rebuilt. I seem to recall a few years back someone on here had a red engine.

Where do you live ?

You'll want to do a boost leak test and make sure there is no vacuum leak. The car should not back fire.

Are you sure it backfire's or is it just the exhaust rumble from the load exhaust ?

STOP USING MOBIL 1.

Use Shell Rotella t6 5w-40 year round or one of the few other oils we recommend.

You'll want to make sure the MAF sensor is clean, easy to do. Plugs would be a good idea and the engine ground wires.

Read the stickys at the tops of the forums, lot's of good info there.

Oh, Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the advice and I am from Connecticut Subarus a huge here. And when you shift gears you here pops from the exhaust the previous owner before my cousin said it had always done that. and something else noticed was when he was driving and I was in another car before I bought it he down shifted and stepped on the gas pedal hard some smoke came out of exhaust it was very little and clear.

If the car has loud exhaust, or free flowing that popping is normal. My Spec B had a 3" mid pipe and stock mufflers, it makes a popping sound when I shift too.

That clear dust is just crap built up in the pipes, as long as its not blue or white, when you go WOT it will blow some crap out of the pipes.

Early morning vapor out of the pipes is also normal until the pipes warm up.

Your going to want to meet up with www.tuningalliance.com he's the best Tuner for these cars. He's right off exit 65 on Rt84 in Vernon. Yes, he is that good.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived