LegacyGT.com

Need help fixing the scratch

Looks like a deep scratch. Someone messed it up in parking. Any good DIY way to fix it up?

How do I get the color/paint code for Carbide Grey Metallic? - Ex - on one website it says - Color Code: K6U/JV9 and I get to pick one. What's the difference between K6U vs JV9?

IMG_7264.JPG.8e651c147ee82945ebd03a53e58ebd63.JPG

How do I get the color/paint code for Carbide Grey Metallic?

According to TSB 13-97-14, the color code for "Carbide Gray" (2015 Legacy/Outback) is K6U.

You can also verify the factory paint code for your Legacy by checking the "Model Number Label" located low on the front passenger-side door jamb.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Any good recommendation from where to get the touch up paint?

Sorry, can't help you there. No recent experience.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

It's hard to tell how deep of a scratch it is, but I would just try using a compound first to get as much of it out as you can. The lesser amount of touch up paint you need to use the better it will look.

Also, I have never purchased from this site before, but it looks really straight forward in helping you find what you need and gives detailed instructions on how to use each of their products. You can buy whole paint fixing kits, or just individual products if you want.

http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Subaru/

Good Luck!

It's hard to tell how deep of a scratch it is, but I would just try using a compound first to get as much of it out as you can. The lesser amount of touch up paint you need to use the better it will look.

Also, I have never purchased from this site before, but it looks really straight forward in helping you find what you need and gives detailed instructions on how to use each of their products. You can buy whole paint fixing kits, or just individual products if you want.

http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Subaru/

Good Luck!

I was looking at that site as well but I am not sure if I need premier or not. Scratch is definitely deep and I can see metal part, so I am guessing, I would need premier? - Thanks

Since you can see metal I would suggest first using some sandpaper to feather out the scratch and remove any large amount of surface rust. Then I would use some Naval Jelly or similar to cover the remaining rusted metal (it always will be rusty) and then (if really deep) use a small amount of bondo to bring up the depth of the hole to approximate the paint level and then paint/clear coat.

Its a lot of work for a small scratch, but if metal is showing it is the only way to get a permanent repair.

I would go to the dealership and buy the Subaru OEM paint. There are enough dealerships close to if you're in Manchester. I would try to buff out the scratch first though f it's not too deep. I always make sure the dealer throws one in when I purchase a new car.

Archived