LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B needs a clutch

slvrlegacygt

I have an 07 Spec B with 163,xxx miles on the original clutch. It is starting to slip. I am currently at stage 2.5 I was going to add some more power to the car. I am looking at getting an exedy stage 1 HD clutch. Should I keep the original flywheel or get a new flywheel when I change the clutch?

Is there any benefit to getting an sti flywheel? I also do not want to go with a lighter flywheel.

What else would I need for swapping out the clutch? As in bits and pieces you don't realize you would need until actually doing the install.

this is what I am looking at http://shop.exedyusa.com/exedy-racing-clutch/exedy-racing-stage-1-organic-clutch-kit/g-50052.aspx?aid=9261556

From what I've learned if your going to use a STI FW you need a complete STI clutch kit. For some reason the parts are different. Look in the "opposedforces" thread at the top of the very first forum.

I ended up with a OEM clutch kit. I had my FW turned and re-used it.

Read this thread,

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/spec-b-6mt-throw-out-bearing-261306.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

i actually just edited what I was looking to do. I wasn't looking at the stage 2 clutch kit. I was looking for the stage 1 hd kit. It says to install with their lightweight flywheel.

If am looking for an sti kit what model years should I be looking for?

I think in those links its like a 05-14 STI could even be a 05-17.

You may want to contact Mike at http://www.AZPinstals.com his shop is in NJ talk with him or Rey and have them get you what they would use in there car.

Tell them I sent you.

You will also need Motul gear 300 buy that from them too. I did.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 2 weeks later...
I would suggest looking into the south bend clutches. I think that is what I will get next time I need a clutch.

For a Spec B, you better call the clutch company and talk to someone. Spec B's have a different clutch kit then STi's or GT's.

FWIW I just had someone install an ACT HDSS (SB10-HDSS) with ACT flywheel (600235) on my 09 specb. Wasn't my first choice, but it was what the shop recommended and backed. Still breaking it in, but my first impression is positive. It is noticeably heavier than stock, but no shudder and engagement is starting to smooth out. I was concerned at first because engagement was initially immediate and shallow. It took about 50 miles to start getting more peddle and normal engagement. I'm only at 150 miles now.

Archived