LegacyGT.com

It's an oil leak party

Left work today for my 45 minute commute home. Cruised along with no issues. Pulled in to my driveway to quite a bit of smoke and a massive amount of oil on the drivers side from the front left side of the motor to the rear bumper. I am hoping it's a passenger side cam seal that blew out but I won't be able to look at it until I am done with a couple more 12 hour night shifts. This is going to be a party. Lol

That side of the motor also has an adapter that houses the cam position sensor and I think it's only real purpose is to make the motor square so that the cam pulleys line up. But that adapter has the cam seal on the pulley end and only a small o-ring on the motor end, it'd be pretty easy to get at if that's the case.

That side of the motor also has an adapter that houses the cam position sensor and I think it's only real purpose is to make the motor square so that the cam pulleys line up. But that adapter has the cam seal on the pulley end and only a small o-ring on the motor end, it'd be pretty easy to get at if that's the case.

That sounds easier than my guess. I'm working 12 hour night shifts with an hour commute at both ends so nothing will get looked at for a couple more days. Thanks for the tip.

Archived