LegacyGT.com

Hi there, I would like to purchase a Y pipe for my 2.5i to convert into Duals. Anyone have oem 3.6r y pipe or custom pipe? I also wanted some advice on going air ride on my 16' 2.5i. Airlift, D2 or Accuair? Finally, I was surfing the net, saw the sti lip for legacy. I am curious if the wrx sti lip and side skirts will fit legacy. I want to get the JDM rear bumper skirts from japan parts but it cost almost 500 to ship to NYC. Total close to $1000. I will pick that up during winter when i visit my family there. Thanks

For dual exhaust you can use wrx/sti y pipe but you need to add 5 inch pipe to it the and it bolts right in even the mufflers u need also muffler hangers for the right side, and if u use wrx mufflers the tips will touch bumper a little unless u go with a smaller diameter tips..

Also wrx has no resonator on the y pipe so it be loud even with stock mufflers,to make it quieter you will need to cut your 2.5 pipe after resonator and have the wrx pipe y pipe welded to it.

As for using 3.6 y pipe you will need the front flange switch your 2.5, and also need right side muffler hangers and your good to go.

As for front sti lip/side skirts NO it will not fit.

As for airride I don't know anything about it:)

• 2 months later...

I am trying to find exhaust threads, does anyone have custom exhaust on their Legacy? More than just axleback. I am looking to do a catback removing the resonator and adding a second muffler for dual exhaust. I found a 2015 STI catback system for $200 near me and am not sure if it is a good deal or not. I saw that the muffler tips would hit the walls of my exhaust ports on the rear bumper, is there an easy way to put smaller tips on?

https://images.craigslist.org/00h0h_3v1NsfDyLhr_1200x900.jpg

I am trying to find exhaust threads, does anyone have custom exhaust on their Legacy? More than just axleback. I am looking to do a catback removing the resonator and adding a second muffler for dual exhaust. I found a 2015 STI catback system for $200 near me and am not sure if it is a good deal or not. I saw that the muffler tips would hit the walls of my exhaust ports on the rear bumper, is there an easy way to put smaller tips on?

https://images.craigslist.org/00h0h_3v1NsfDyLhr_1200x900.jpg

Just to let You know STI has a resonator and wrx doesn't.

Also yes if I u use the wrx chrome tips it will touch the bumper and can melt when it get very hot.

Also using wrx/sti y pipe you will need to add 5-6 inches of pipe.and of course muffler hangers on the right side

Just to let You know STI has a resonator and wrx doesn't.

Also yes if I u use the wrx chrome tips it will touch the bumper and can melt when it get very hot.

Also using wrx/sti y pipe you will need to add 5-6 inches of pipe.and of course muffler hangers on the right side

Thanks, I am picking up a 2016 WRX stock exhaust system today, gonna be a fun little project!

Thanks, I am picking up a 2016 WRX stock exhaust system today, gonna be a fun little project!

NP,I actually have have the 2016 wrx setup on mine,but I had my stock pipe cut after resonator and just had the wrx y pipe welded to it,its very loud without the reso and too much drone.also the tips touching the bumper so I got me some black paint(heat resistant) and painted the bumper where he tips are touching.

NP,I actually have have the 2016 wrx setup on mine,but I had my stock pipe cut after resonator and just had the wrx y pipe welded to it,its very loud without the reso and too much drone.also the tips touching the bumper so I got me some black paint(heat resistant) and painted the bumper where he tips are touching.

I'll have to see how this all sounds with a dual and no res using the wrx mufflers on the 2.5i. Is there a way to get those tips off the muffler and to put smaller tips on them? That heat resistant paint idea is really great, I might have to go with that. I do plan on putting some aftermarket mufflers on the system though with single tips. The passenger side exhaust cut out that is still on the car, is that easy to pop out? Do you just 'gently' hit it out?

I'll have to see how this all sounds with a dual and no res using the wrx mufflers on the 2.5i. Is there a way to get those tips off the muffler and to put smaller tips on them? That heat resistant paint idea is really great, I might have to go with that. I do plan on putting some aftermarket mufflers on the system though with single tips. The passenger side exhaust cut out that is still on the car, is that easy to pop out? Do you just 'gently' hit it out?

Yes u can get those tips out,just drill out the welds on them,and yes u can fit a smaller tips on them

As for the plastic cover on the right side it 2 plastic clips and a screw on plastic clip.

Archived