LegacyGT.com

Its my 07 Forester not my Legacy but i know you guys can help.

I cracked the head changing the oil pressure switch.

Been looking online and the only one i can find thats specifically for my Forester is refurbished on ebay for like $530

***edit*** found more online that ebay one from Odessa Cylinder Head is a NO they have the WORST reviews ive ever seen. Found one on RockAuto refurbished by Famous Brand. Just under $600 but no reviews or anything.

Anyone know of a good site to get them cheaper or which other subies heads are compatible if any are (i know my 08 legacys head looks different) just trying to save whatever money i can, i got alot of other parts to replace on both cars

**edit**

Adding photos of the cracks. Id LOVE to just have it repaired but ive read thats not always possible but let me know if you guys think i could have it fixed.

it may be able to be welded and re tapped depending on the machine shop. car-part.com may be a good choice. even if its far and you have to get it shipped and rebuilt with your current head components, it still may be cheaper. there are units for $250 or so.

more work on your part but may be cheaper in the end

Alumaloy. Remember it melts at just 728 degrees, and it's stronger than the base metal.

I'm pretty sure you would have to completely strip the head for this kind or repair, so it would probably be better to just get another head and move the parts over.

You'll have to get an exact match head unless you get a pair and do both.

Aww damn i didnt even think about it having to be gutted to do the repair.. guess it isnt even worth it then.

Suppose i will just have to buy another bare head and see how much it would cost to have someone swap all the internals. (Idk if i trust myself to put it all together)

Thought about the JB Weld actually and i have some already. Just figured it wouldn't last very long. Dont really want it letting loose while im driving. All the oil dumps right out of those cracks once the engine is on

Archived