LegacyGT.com

S# automatically turns off VSC/TCS

I'll talk a tech I know a Subaru tomorrow for specifics.. but I'm fairly sure it's doable,

According to the owners manual when the vdc off button is pressed both traction control and skid suppression is turned off.. page 7-38 if you still have yours

I'll talk a tech I know a Subaru tomorrow for specifics.. but I'm fairly sure it's doable,

According to the owners manual when the vdc off button is pressed both traction control and skid suppression is turned off.. page 7-38 if you still have yours

Interesting. Perhaps it's different in the LGTs? From everything I've read, people seem to say that the only way to disable VDC is to pull the VDC fuse, which also eliminates ABS and will light up the dash and throw a CEL (but not limp-mode). The button only disables traction control, so you can still spin the car while throttle is applied, but once throttle is lifted, the car will apply brakes selectively to avoid sliding sideways (indicated by the VDC light on the right side of the dash pulsing, even if the TC light on the bottom-left of the dash indicates that TC is off).

Archived