LegacyGT.com

Can you swap OEM 4300k HID bulb for 6000k bulb?

You do not have HID low beams! The Liberty 2.5i Premium comes standard with LED low beams. *NO* Australian market 6th Gen Libertys come with HIDs.

I was sure they are HID, perhaps I am wrong.

Either way surely I can at least remove the bulb and check them?

I have just received the recommended Morimoto HID bulbs from a post earlier in this thread.

However when I went to swap it out, I could not figure out how to replace the bulb.

I guess I will have to sell these bulbs then if my low beams are LEDS.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

IF 3.0R-AUS is correct, then my next question is, can you replace the OEM LEDs?

I am not happy with the colour temp.

If you have HID's, the rear housing can be rotated and comes off to change the bulb.

If you have LED's, I can't help you, we don't have them, so I don't know the set up.

I will tell you our owners manuals here in the states does not tell you how to change the HID bulb, it tells us to take it to the dealer...

I think they believe HID's are dangerous due to potential high voltage, or just that Limited owners are snobs who don't work on their own cars...or maybe both.

IF 3.0R-AUS is correct, then my next question is, can you replace the OEM LEDs?

I am not happy with the colour temp.

If you change the OEM LED low beams to a different temperature then they will not match the C-LEDs.

BTW, see the attached snapshot of the Subaru website.

Sub.png.9671f33631ab2d373e471f9f7d1153e5.png

If you change the OEM LED low beams to a different temperature then they will not match the C-LEDs.

BTW, see the attached snapshot of the Subaru website.

I am lead to believe that the OEM headlights are 4300k colour temp.

This seems to make sense when comparing my stock low beams to my 6000k fog lights - see below - there is a noticeable difference in colour temp:

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae108/muncee/Mobile%20Uploads/20170502_172442.jpg

I messaged Diode Dynamics and they have confirmed that the LED C lights are 6000k colour temp.

You'll need to replace the C-leds (which will void the warranty on the lights) as well as 6000K LED low beam bulbs.

FWIW, most OEM lead headlights do not have an LED "bulb". The LEDs are designed to outlast the vehicle and not require replacement. If the low beam were to go out, the whole lamp likely needs to be replaced.

FWIW, most OEM lead headlights do not have an LED "bulb". The LEDs are designed to outlast the vehicle and not require replacement. If the low beam were to go out, the whole lamp likely needs to be replaced.

Yes, I suspect this is true of the Liberty's factory LEDs. Personally I wouldn't want to mess with them given opening them up would void the warranty on them and they're likely to be expensive to replace. Especially as no-one has opened up LED headlights so far.

It's much easier to get the fogs to match the headlights and C-LEDs than the other way around.

Yes, I suspect this is true of the Liberty's factory LEDs. Personally I wouldn't want to mess with them given opening them up would void the warranty on them and they're likely to be expensive to replace. Especially as no-one has opened up LED headlights so far.

It's much easier to get the fogs to match the headlights and C-LEDs than the other way around.

Can you recommend a good bulb for that?

^^Diode Dynamics LED fogs are a perfect match to the LED headlights on my mom's Forester.

I run them on my car as well, the output and beam width is awesome.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22211/s/luxeon-led-fog-lamps-type-b/category/1293/

^^Diode Dynamics LED fogs are a perfect match to the LED headlights on my mom's Forester.

I run them on my car as well, the output and beam width is awesome.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22211/s/luxeon-led-fog-lamps-type-b/category/1293/

I recall reading on this forum somewhere that US-market vehicles with Eyesight have different fogs compared to non-Eyesight vehicles. Does that ring bells with anyone? If so, I'm not sure which of the two types would fit the Australian-market Liberty?

Can you recommend a good bulb for that?

Sorry, I'm not sure which ones are required for our cars (see my above post). I never use my fogs so didn't bother investigating LED bulbs for them.

I recall reading on this forum somewhere that US-market vehicles with Eyesight have different fogs compared to non-Eyesight vehicles. Does that ring bells with anyone? If so, I'm not sure which of the two types would fit the Australian-market Liberty?

As far as I know, the ES models have "steering responsive fogs" and the non ES have standard fogs.

The SRF don't actually turn when you turn the wheel though. Rather, they're just angled outwards and turn on and off to give you the illusion they're turning.

They mount the same, only difference is cars with EyeSight have glass lenses and use a H11 55w bulb, ones without are plastic and use H16 which are 19w I believe.

The steering responsive fog light system on EyeSight equipped cars simply turns on the left or right light, they don't move at all. The optics of the glass/plastic lens fog lights are likely different but without having both to look at I can't say for sure.

They mount the same, only difference is cars with EyeSight have glass lenses and use a H11 55w bulb, ones without are plastic and use H16 which are 19w I believe.

Ah, I thought I remembered something about glass lenses versus plastic lenses!

Archived