LegacyGT.com

2017 , tire rotation and oil change. DIY

Just hit 7000 miles on our Legacy. I'm a DIY kinda guy, how easy is it to support my car while rotating all 4 tires? I haven't crawled under it to check it out yet.Anyone have a good place to buy genuine Subaru oil filters, I think they come with drain plug washer??????

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's jack points on the front and rear of both frame rails, as well as one in the front and the rear differential.

Check ebay for oil filters, just bought a 12 back for $65.

Were they genuine Subaru filters with drain plug washers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the rear, jack from the rear diff. From the front, you'll see a metal plate front and center that you can jack from. It's super easy. I buy my filters on Ebay as well, and get my oil from costco. $36 for 6 quarts of Mobil 1, and they run sales on that from time to time, so I stock up when they do.

The part number for our oil filter is 15208AA15A and they sell them paired with crush washers in numerous different quantities on Ebay.

I just did my tire rotation, I jacked up the rear using the rear differential, and put the rear on two jack stands, then did one front tire at a time (used the jack at the lift points used for the emergency spare jack, remove and replace that wheel quickly), then switched to the front wheel.

For oil changes, I used my low profile raceramps, and now have fumoto installed, so might not even do that for the next time.

If you use the rear diff & the front jack point Goose mentioned above, just put a rag between the jack and the surfaces. I know from my 2010 that the front jack will rust if you take the paint off.

Archived