LegacyGT.com

Updated Maps

I have a 2016 Legacy and the 3rd quarter (latest) map update is of 2015. There are two years left on the free updates but if there are no updates what is the use of having free ones for 3 years. I contacted Subaru and then don't know of any upcoming updates. I have never had such infrequent map updates. Any suggestions to getting them to move ahead?

Personally, I believe that the Nav system in my Legacy is/was certainly not worth the money. The windshield Garmin GPS that I have in my Tacoma provides better info, better maps, better voice response, better traffic reports and rerouting, and I get free traffic/map updates for "life". Updating is easy as I just plug the unit into my PC and go to Garmin site and the procedure takes care of itself.

Personally, I believe that the Nav system in my Legacy is/was certainly not worth the money. The windshield Garmin GPS that I have in my Tacoma provides better info, better maps, better voice response, better traffic reports and rerouting, and I get free traffic/map updates for "life". Updating is easy as I just plug the unit into my PC and go to Garmin site and the procedure takes care of itself.

Everyone has opinion and I just don't agree with yours. [emoji14] For me the Nav system is a requirement in any vehicle that I have owned over the last 10 years.

Laughing at Oneself and with others is Good for the Soul

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I had been using external Garmins with map updates with my lower level 2015 Legacy. I started on a new NAV system in the new other car (high end 2017 Forester with NAV). I was driving on a highway that opened two years ago. The map showed the car in a farm field. The updated Garmin has the car on Highway 404. The SubeNav 2017 has it on some cows.

Archived