LegacyGT.com

No DRL's as stock?

My Aus spec Liberty apparently does not have any DRL's. When I put the light setting to AUTO or OFF there are no lights on whatsoever.

However when I look at the fuse relay I can see a fuse labelled DRL.

I want to set my C-lights as DRL at a minimum, and perhaps fogs also.

I know I can achieve the same effect by flicking my lights to parking mode and switch on the fogs however it would be nice if they were DRL'S so I could leave the lights to AUTO.

How much work is required for this mod?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

You really need to install the Diode Dynamics C-LEDs as the DRL setting in these you can clearly see during bright daylight.

If you turn your stock parker lights on during the day, they are virtually impossible to see and have zero use as a DRL. This is the main reason why I installed the Diode Dynamics setup so that I could have a DRL that was actually functional.

I know I can achieve the same effect by flicking my lights to parking mode and switch on the fogs however it would be nice if they were DRL'S so I could leave the lights to AUTO.

You can turn on fogs with parking lights? We can't, however our DRLs are on with parking lights so with my fog as DRL mod I'm able to achieve the same thing.

I think it's a Australian spec thing that the fogs are not DRLs.

Just for the record, US cars use the high beam as the DRL, hence my fog as DRL mod which changes that.

Europe gets it in the fog lights from the factory but it uses a secondary bulb in the fog light housing.

I'm with jsmith in that OP needs to try and see if the DRLs will come on in while not in park and with the parking brake off. I was a bit confused at first with this.

first two posts are from Australians.

Guessing the Australia does not mandate DRL's

It isnt the parking brake.

It isnt the parking brake.

Just so ya know, if you're in gear and apply the parking brake, DRLs turn off.

Which is annoying cause I have to have the car running, in neutral, with the wheels chocked when I'm testing fog as DRL harnesses:rolleyes:

You really need to install the Diode Dynamics C-LEDs as the DRL setting in these you can clearly see during bright daylight.

If you turn your stock parker lights on during the day, they are virtually impossible to see and have zero use as a DRL. This is the main reason why I installed the Diode Dynamics setup so that I could have a DRL that was actually functional.

Tigger i am interested to buy your DD C lights. I have messaged you :)

Just so ya know, if you're in gear and apply the parking brake, DRLs turn off.

Which is annoying cause I have to have the car running, in neutral, with the wheels chocked when I'm testing fog as DRL harnesses:rolleyes:

I know, but that isn't the issue for the OP in Australia. Actually, several of their lighting regulations are different than ours, and they also drive on the 'wrong' side of the road (because we drive on the Right side of the road...)

https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car-advice/daytime-running-lights-law/

Yes that is correct - No lights are on when the car is in gear, e-brake off and lights are set to AUTO or OFF.

Weird.. must be another Aus-Spec thing..

Man, that sucks! Looks like your best bet is some DD C-lights. Or wire your fogs to be on all the time.

Man, that sucks! Looks like your best bet is some DD C-lights. Or wire your fogs to be on all the time.

Unfortunately we can't run fogs as DRL or else we risk getting pulled over for running fogs when there is no fog.... :spin::lol:

Just part of the fun rules we have to play with over here.

Best bet is Diode Dynamics C-LEDs with a proper DRL mode.

Unfortunately we can't run fogs as DRL or else we risk getting pulled over for running fogs when there is no fog.... :spin::lol:

Oh man! That really sucks.

"Um officer, those are auxiliary lights not fog lights";):lol:

DD C-LEDs are definitely the fix all solution. Switchback turn signal bulbs would also be an option for those who don't want to take on cracking open their headlights.

"Um officer, those are auxiliary lights not fog lights";)[emoji38]

DD C-LEDs are definitely the fix all solution. Switchback turn signal bulbs would also be an option for those who don't want to take on cracking open their headlights.

Andrew what is this switchback turn signal bulb you speak of? I wondered about that.. what wiring would be involved to wire up to turn signals.

• 1 month later...

Archived