LegacyGT.com

Innovative LC-1 Recalibration

G5892

Ello folks. Was wondering if anyone had an alternate method to reclibrating this O2 sensor. The red led button used to do this no longer depresses or lights up for some reason. The wideband still works, I just don't know how to recalibrate it. Thanks.

Do you have a multimeter? Chances are your wiring broke, or the LED inside the button broke. That said, just because the LED isn't lighting doesn't mean the calibration procedure won't work, just that you'll have no feedback as to what stage of the calibration you're on.

If you have a multimeter, try checking the voltage across the two wires going to the button.

Thought I replied to this, but no I don't have a multimeter. Pretty sure one of the wires got messed with when the dash got messed with. Hopefully it's something simple.

I saw on one forum that you could just unscrew the wideband from the bung, turn the car to on, and let it sit for 5 mins to recalibrate. I don't know if that's true or not tho.

The cal procedure is as listed in the manual... there's two cals, one is for the heater (which involves turning on the controller with the sensor disconnected, connecting the calibration wire to COM for 10sec or something, waiting, turning it off, plugging it back in, then turning it on and waiting), and then the second is the free-air calibration (connect the calibration wire to COM for 30sec). Both of these are to be done with the wideband removed from the bung.

Without the LED, you can still do this, however you won't know when the heater calibration is done. That said, it's not particularly difficult, you could just wait for a couple minutes for the heater cal to ensure it finishes before starting the free-air cal.

Incase anyone else runs into this issue:

Found a painless way to do this without the LED or button. Removed the O2 sensor but leave it plugged in. Connect your laptop to your LC-1 (I used a serial to usb cable). Turn the car to "on", but do not start the motor. Open LMprogrammer. Click "reset calibration". Then turn the car off, the back to the on position. I let my car sit for about 5 mins, turned it back off, then reinserted the O2 sensor (O2 sensor will be HOT after sitting for 5 mins, use gloves). After that I was good to go.

Hitting the "reset calibration" option makes it do a free air and heater recalibration, so if you're ok with that then go ahead. If any of my logic seems wrong, then I'm open to correction. Good luck.

Archived