LegacyGT.com

2010 LGT needs short block. I need advice

Does the btSsm work with 2010 LGT's. The info in the play store doesn't include this car. On their web site, when I check for compatability, it says it works with 2010 LGTs with automatic transmissions...their is no pull down for manuals, and of course, no autos sold in the USA. I emailed btSsm, and he said he was not sure and asked for my ECU ID so he could be sure. any idea how I get that?

Any local OS tuner can and should give you the ECU ID or CAL ID. Cobb people probably won't. You can probably also get the ID by connecting a bluetooth OBDII adapter and using something like Torque, but I'd let another member confirm that.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Can we get a sticky for that btssm for the 5th gen? I would like to know enough about it to decide if it was worth while, and exactly how it works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yes, I have the old COBB APA v2 and would love to have multiple displays. I also have other questions like can the COBB OBD2 to USB be used with the app or if you need to purchase one of their listed adapters. None of this should be posted here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My final decision is to go with the factory short block. Subaru agreed to help defray some of the cost as a good will gesture. Quite the opposite of my buddy who needed a short block for his BMW M5. The price tag was $45,000, and he was barely out of warranty. He'd owned 4 or 5 high end BMWs, including a Z8. They said they could not cut the price by even a penny. He drove cross town and traded his car in on a Mercedes.

Thanks for all the help, folks.

• 3 years later...

2010-2012 LGT motors mount to the body by the oil pan.

There are extra bolt holes (2) along the front edge of the pan mounting surface. These are 8mm holes whereas the rest of the EJ's are all 6mm holes. 4 of the 6mm holes have been enlarged to 8mm for a total of six 8mm mounting points that the rest of the EJ's don't have.

The actual block casting is slightly different. It has been reinforced to accept these larger mounting holes. While it may be possible to retap and add these 8mm points to an EJ257, the lack of reinforcement may cause the oil pan to separate and leak, or the case could crack under the stress.

Other than these changes to the oil pan mounting, the blocks are the same.

This information provided by http://www.5250Performance.com

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons